BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Thoroughly concur....wotesaid....waves Order Paper from a recumbent position.

Americans regard Service in a different light,as we all know.

And I only wear my veterans badge (with pride) on Armistice Day.

Edit:

I think JP jun. may have picked up on the web storm Mr Freeman kicked up when he said he didn't want a black history month...
Because,as he said,black history is American history.

Clip here

Thanks for that I was not aware of his stance which I agree with 100%,

YW. I sometimes believe my son's actually insane, and politics bores me.
Nope you should be rightfully proud of him, you are the one who needs a proper slap .
He recently came out with the Morgan Freeman philosophy i.e. people shouldn't talk about race.

He is right, identity politics will destroy the fabric of Western civilisation.
Personally , anyone can talk about whatever they want and we can't stop them. When it really matters, is what happens when some lunatics think it's okay to kill kids and our moral compass is smashed.
Are you sure he is yours? :wink:

Nope you should be rightfully proud of him, you are the one who needs a proper slap .

He is right, identity politics will destroy the fabric of Western civilisation.

Are you sure he is yours? :wink:
As you'll note from above I happen to agree. You see this is why I really really hate politics :) More slaps? I get about three a week off the wife, for talking out of turn ;)

Thoroughly concur....wotesaid....waves Order Paper from a recumbent position.

Americans regard Service in a different light,as we all know.

And I only wear my veterans badge (with pride) on Armistice Day.

Edit:

I think JP jun. may have picked up on the web storm Mr Freeman kicked up when he said he didn't want a black history month...
Because,as he said,black history is American history.

Clip here

Thanks for that, so now we know .And Morgan Freeman does make sense. JP jnr I believe is wrong on civil society, or he doesn't want to understand it. Maybe he's anti- US Democrats or just not a Clinton fan. Dad reads a lot and can still teach Mr PHD a thing or two. Hillary said that "true progress comes from within a society and cannot be imposed from the outside.” No "silly degree" PPE student myself - nor a graduate of Oxford where most of them went, but I'd guess many people miss the point: that civil society ideas have been around for a very long time and so have civil society ministers in our government.

To keep this on topic: 'biased" ? The BBC runs Citizenship education for the UK curriculum set by Government.

On the civil society agenda (Department for Culture, Media & Sport and Rob Wilson): Third Sector, costs-saving, volunteering, efficiency, and social obligations as well as rights. Also of course the economy. Splendid that loads of organisations across the country were in line to share £12 million from the Tampon Tax Fund, the tax on women's periods, helping to improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls across the country. And to fund anti-abortion groups, allegedly.

It all sounds jolly good, but then they can cynically make all those cuts and spend the savings on Foreign Aid. "Individualists", volunteers and "free-thinkers" are manipulated and stage managed for profit, behind smoke screens. They always have been. And manipulated enough to fund foreign aid and investments.

The Tory Big Society was an antidote to nasty Thatcherism; they offered voters a change of approach, re-branding, reinvention, much like New Labour did to make themselves electable. Neoliberal David Cameron endorsed the civil society but the ideas go back to J G Barmby and Edmund Burke. To the Chartists, and radical 19th century reforms. PPE students will recognise those. Citizenship is taught in schools at Key Stage 4, or used to be. In there somewhere will be the kiddies version of civil society. Politicos like to manipulate the young. Ever heard of the National Citizen service? Not saying these are bad things, there's a lot of good in them.

To help achieve their big society, the Tories also demonised people, that way they could spend less and have people fend for themselves. Until someone in the ranks realised they were turning back in to the nasty party again.

AIUI it's all about empowering individuals to go beyond authority and one of its (probably the main) tenets is driving economic growth. Another, is individualism, and breaking down barriers to productivity and progress. If I'm honest, our governments have been doing the 'civil society' thing for a very long time. Last time I looked, Rob Wilson was Under Secretary of State for Civil Society. Mrs May will be promoting one-nation-Conservatism when we leave the EU. It's all very nice and civilised, inclusive and equality driven (yeah, we've more inequality than ever). One nation identity: balls, lately, egalitarianism has all but disappeared.The Tories have only ever been interested in toffs for votes. Better-together, one-nation?.. bollocks.

Mrs Clinton,Hillary.
A couple of weeks ago on a Beebs 100 women program a French Feminist gave her opinion of Hillary.
She was wife of most powerful politician for 8 years and Secretary of State for 4.
What did she do then for Women.
Nothing, only when it might be useful for her run for President did it become an issue for her.

john

If she can't handle being jeered at by a TV audience then what on earth is she going to do when she's facing down the EU alone (according to Tory election propaganda)?
You forget that the blue arrserati on here think that she is the 2ND coming of Maggie. They want her wrapped up in a cotton wool so the big nasty world can't get to her.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure she can handle it, but purely from a spectacle standpoint, why give the left and the BBC the satisfaction.
Because it's yet another thing in this election that looks bad for her. She's even bottled going on Woman's Hour now.

Never mind Blair, Ed Milliband would have walked this election against her. There must be at least some Tories starting to plan getting rid of her once the election's done because she's absolutely useless.

If she can't handle being jeered at by a TV audience then what on earth is she going to do when she's facing down the EU alone (according to Tory election propaganda)?

Said this earlier, she's no good in "public" things like this, but there is evidence that she is not the same behind closed doors. We saw how quickly she slapped down some ideas regarding Brexit, and, well, The Donald was on a high until May handbagged him over the Manchester leaks.

So maybe we're reading to much into things, especially as the Brexit talk won't be in front of TV cameras and, in reality, she won't be involved in most of it as the likes of Davis will be leading the charge there.

Time will tell

Because it's yet another thing in this election that looks bad for her. She's even bottled going on Woman's Hour now.

Never mind Blair, Ed Milliband would have walked this election against her. There must be at least some Tories starting to plan getting rid of her once the election's done because she's absolutely useless.
If she said from the start that she wasn't going to do it, as some have pointed out, then she has't "bottled" anything.

Unlike those who get as sick as a newt when it's time for a "difficult" vote in the commons or those who run and hide when they are supposed to be launching their first campaign poster...

as the likes of Davis will be leading the charge there.
The Labour team of Thornberry and Starmer of course inspiring huge confidence. One can understand their reluctance to say to much of either in any electioneering. Led and directed by Jem the thought of them in charge really does bring a shiver. Give us the team of TM and Davies any day.

Thornberry likes the press??
Emily Thornberry says media should be allowed to ask their ‘stupid’ questions
...and has a charming manner.
Thornberry Makes Friends at the School Gates - Guido Fawkes

The press don’t like Starmer.
If Keir Starmer is Labour's great hope the party really is in trouble | Coffee House

Last edited:
The Labour team of Thornberry and Starmer of course inspiring huge confidence. One can understand their reluctance to say to much of either in any electioneering. Led and directed by Jem the thought of them in charge really does bring a shiver. Give us the team of TM and Davies any day.

Thornberry likes the press??
Emily Thornberry says media should be allowed to ask their ‘stupid’ questions

The press don’t like Starmer.
If Keir Starmer is Labour's great hope the party really is in trouble | Coffee House
In Air-Marshal Commodore Nugget's world, any questions towards her must be stupid because she can only give stupid answers...

So one sees a set up/blind alley/ambush and declares the intention not to proceed, its a bottle job???
Yes.

She is the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. She is about to lead us into negotiations with 27 nations who may well be just as hostile. She is going to have to face continued problems with an actual strong and stable leader in Russia and with a strong and totally unstable one in the US.

If she can't handle herself against nobodies like Plaid Cymru or the Lib Dems, what's she going to do against all of the above?

It made partial sense not to bother when she had a 20 point lead in the polls and was on course to match Blair's '97 landslide. When her lead is down to 3 points in some polls, she's overseen the release of one of the most disastrous manifestos since Foot's suicide note and even Tory supporting papers like the Telegraph are starting to question her campaign performance it looks exactly like it is - a bottle job.

If she'd have gone on the debate, faced the criticism from other parties and been able to back her plans up she'd have had a massive boost. If she can't defend her plans against political heavyweights like Tim Farron and Baron Dr Paul Nuttall PhD, VC, GC, DFC and Bar, how can she make any claims to strong leadership?

I can't stand the man but Jeremy Corbyn has played this entire campaign very well so far (with a few small wobbles like his apparent Trident non-answer last night), including his (almost certainly pre-planned weeks ago) 'change of heart' about appearing at the debate. May has been a disaster and once the election's over she's probably just waiting for the knife in the back from the party (if she wins, if she manages to lose then she'll last as long as Caesar at a particularly angry Senate meeting).

Last edited:
Well she has. Just because you announce you're bottling something straight away doesn't make it any less of a bottle job.

The left that hates her? Don't talk stupid.
Refusing to be a part of some populist farce which has no place in the UK democratic process is not "bottling" anything.

Especially since she was out and about doing the important stuff like campaigning, unlike Diane "Sick as a newt" Abbot.

With some luck this will be the end of these "debates", especially with the absolute waste of taxpayers' money that goes along with them

Yes.

She is the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. She is about to lead us into negotiations with 27 nations who may well be just as hostile. She is going to have to face continued problems with an actual strong and stable leader in Russia and with a strong and totally unstable one in the US.

If she can't handle herself against nobodies like Plaid Cymru or the Lib Dems, what's she going to do against all of the above?

It made partial sense not to bother when she had a 20 point lead in the polls and was on course to match Blair's '97 landslide. When her lead is down to 3 points in some polls, she's overseen the release of one of the most disastrous manifestos since Foot's suicide note and even Tory supporting papers like the Telegraph are starting to question her campaign performance it looks exactly like it is - a bottle job.

If she'd have gone on the debate, faced the criticism from other parties and been able to back her plans up she'd have had a massive boost. If she can't defend her plans against political heavyweights like Tim Farron and Baron Dr Paul Nuttall PhD, VC, GC, DFC and Bar, how can she make any claims to strong leadership?

I can't stand the man but Jeremy Corbyn has played this entire campaign very well so far (with a few small wobbles like his apparent Trident non-answer last night), including his (almost certainly pre-planned weeks ago) 'change of heart' about appearing at the debate. May has been a disaster and once the election's over she's probably just waiting for the knife in the back from the party (if she wins, if she manages to lose then she'll last as long as Caesar at a particularly angry Senate meeting).
You don't understand how the Brexit negotiations are going to work, do you. I mean, you think May will be the one doing the negotiating which, as has been pointed out before, is further from reality than a Thornberry statement.

Maybe it would be best if you found out what is actually going on in that respect instead of letting the press, twitter and facebook guide you.

Especially since she was out and about doing the important stuff like campaigning, unlike Diane "Sick as a newt" Abbot.
When did 'not being as shit as Diane Abbott' become any kind of achievement to be aimed for?

You don't understand how the Brexit negotiations are going to work, do you.
In that case neither does May, considering how much weight Tories are putting on this election down as a choice between May or Corbyn negotiating Brexit.