BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

You may be right, but he makes my teeth itch.
BBC Brexit gloom and doom yet again, tonight. And "Mr Javid is a coward for revoking Jihadi Jack's citizenship". Yet Jones was the BBC's big news tonight while a six-year-old boy who fell into a river in Kent while fishing, is "unlikely" to be found alive.

Thuggish attacks against free speech are never justifiable under any circumstances, but for reasons best known to them, this attack on Jones made biased BBC outrage headlines. Jones "believes his attackers were far-right activists", as opposed to a careerist left-wing political activist, and "lefty rent-a-gob" in his own words.

Awol

LE
BBC Brexit gloom and doom yet again, tonight. And "Mr Javid is a coward for revoking Jihadi Jack's citizenship". Yet Jones was the BBC's big news tonight while a six-year-old boy who fell into a river in Kent while fishing, is "unlikely" to be found alive.

Thuggish attacks against free speech are never justifiable under any circumstances, but for reasons best known to them, this attack on Jones made biased BBC outrage headlines. Jones "believes his attackers were far-right activists", as opposed to a careerist left-wing political activist, and "lefty rent-a-gob" in his own words.
If it was anything like his description, the cctv footage would be all over the media by now. I reckon he just got pushed over in the street for being obnoxious in the pub and is milking it like the precocious little child that he is.

Just switched on the news, the gloomy tones as if announcing WWIII, disaster doom and gloom. BBC at it worst, what an institution!!!!! Front page news about how we will all suffer untold miseries when “it” happens.

God help us in a time of crisis, it will be announcing that we should all go and prepare for death rather than preparing for freedom.

It is profoundly depressing that the BBC is allowed to be so anti-British, that it is so desperately snowflakey left-wing defeatist. A betrayal of everything that it means to be British.

The have become Lord Haw Haw personified.
Exactly the same phenomenon over here with our "media" and the politicians they so obviously support.

'Mr Javid is a coward for revoking Jihadi Jack's citizenship, says father convicted of funding terrorism'

Would have been more appropriate. It is all about how things are presented and the BBC knows this.
The apparent lack of CCTV of any attack on Jones, in probably the most surveilled place in the UK, is odd.

...And if it turns out to be a Jussie Smollet moment I'm betting the scurrying to brush it under the carpet will be most noticeable by the silence emanating from that quarter.

O Zangado

War Hero
The 'Today' programme (BBC Radio 4) has been particularly impartial this morning with Jezbollah, Brexit, climate change and the Yellowhammer leaks dominating the agenda. It started with an uninterrupted diatribe by racist man-hater, Caroline Lucas (her of the all white wimmin coven cabinet to stop Brexit), then the DG of the CBI wailing about plague and pestilence in the event of crashing off the cliff, then BBC presenter talking to BBC reporter about just how catastrophic the Yellowhammer papers prove 'no deal' to be, then someone who used to be boss of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society warning against patients stock piling insulin, then some remainer who used to be the boss of Sainsbury's as recently as five years ago, then John Mc Donnell, shadow chancellor, avowed Marxist, supporter of Jezbollah and Remain and O*en Jo*es apologist.

Now, at 08.35 BST they're interviewing said Jo*es who's giving an unchallenged rant about far right, homophobic, ex soldiers (!) attacking him with "military precision". Al Beeb now trying to link the far right to Brexit supporters. Jo*es agrees and finishes with the usual obligatory attack on Trump..

There has been quite literally not one alternative comment allowed, let alone an alternative viewpoint expounded since six AM.

OZ

Edited for previous mong word order "stock patients piling insulin" Doh!

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Any evidence that these alleged assailants are ex-soldiers, much less that they even exist?

Or are we moving towards the army being an instrument of a Right-Wing government?

I really do wish he would just shut up. He adds nothing and takes away much.

The 'Today' programme (BBC Radio 4) has been particularly impartial this morning with Jezbollah, Brexit, climate change and the Yellowhammer leaks dominating the agenda. It started with an uninterrupted diatribe by racist man-hater, Caroline Lucas (her of the all white wimmin coven cabinet to stop Brexit), then the DG of the CBI wailing about plague and pestilence in the event of crashing off the cliff, then BBC presenter talking to BBC reporter about just how catastrophic the Yellowhammer papers prove 'no deal' to be, then someone who used to be boss of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society warning against stock patients piling insulin, then some remainer who used to be the boss of Sainsbury's as recently as five years ago, then John Mc Donnell, shadow chancellor, avowed Marxist, supporter of Jezbollah and Remain and O*en Jo*es apologist.

Now, at 08.35 BST they're interviewing said Jo*es who's giving an unchallenged rant about far right, homophobic, ex soldiers (!) attacking him with "military precision". Al Beeb now trying to link the far right to Brexit supporters. Jo*es agrees and finishes with the usual obligatory attack on Trump..

There has been quite literally not one alternative comment allowed, let alone an alternative viewpoint expounded since six AM.

OZ
Proof if it's needed it's not Brexit that's been the divisive factor in recent times, it's it's a noisy & resurgent, radical left wing. These people aren't for anything but they're against pretty much anything normal people want.

From Saturday's DM, it seems the Today programme is yesterdays news.. (okay, the day before yesterday)

Team Boris threatens to ban Tory ministers from BBC's Today programme as communications director considers show a 'total waste of time'
  • Director of Communications Lee Cain considers the show a 'total waste of time'
  • He has told his army of Whitehall spin doctors and special advisers to ignore it
  • His strategy has been backed by Downing Street enforcer Dominic Cummings
Team Boris threatens to ban Tory ministers from BBC's Today programme

Tuffty

War Hero
I watched the bbc news last night and the section on BREXIT was so bias as to be blood boiling, everything was:

Could lead to something negative
Might lead to something negative
Possibly lead to something negative

Just stick to the news you bias twats, that is why you make us pay a TV Licence not to spout your might be, could be bias

How about a referendum on whether or not to scrap the licence...entry to the polling station only available to the named person on the licence,and production of said piece of paper.

sunny james

Old-Salt
How about a referendum on whether or not to scrap the licence...entry to the polling station only available to the named person on the licence,and production of said piece of paper.
Why only licence payers?
I am criminalised as a non licence payer if I chose to watch/record any other non BBC live tv/stream.
Just make the BBC pay per view and compete on a level playing field.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I'll sign, where is it?

I don't use that companies product so why should I subsidise those who do?
I don't shop in Marks and Spencer, nor do I own any of their shares so therefore their performance on a personal basis is of no importance to me.
I'm a member of a large building society, I vote in the AGM as it has a direct-albeit small-influence on how I would like it to be run.
I have a TV licence, which I pay for through gritted teeth, so to keep the analogy running, lets call it a share.
Shouldn't such "shareholders" have a say in how the Corporation is run, and if they think it's crap, scrap it?

Any evidence that these alleged assailants are ex-soldiers, much less that they even exist?

Or are we moving towards the army being an instrument of a Right-Wing government?

I really do wish he would just shut up. He adds nothing and takes away much.
I continue to be shocked at just how many l*bour voters think that the Army is an internal security force keeping the public in check.

Unbelievable that people subscribe to that shit, but what do you expect when someone like Jezbollah is the darling of the left.

I don't shop in Marks and Spencer, nor do I own any of their shares so therefore their performance on a personal basis is of no importance to me.
I'm a member of a large building society, I vote in the AGM as it has a direct-albeit small-influence on how I would like it to be run.
I have a TV licence, which I pay for through gritted teeth, so to keep the analogy running, lets call it a share.
Shouldn't such "shareholders" have a say in how the Corporation is run, and if they think it's crap, scrap it?
Possibly, but I would rather not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

What I would like to do is make the BBC's Senior managers - the DG and deputy - have to be elected to the role by the licence fee payers. Every four years they have to be re-elected, and anyone can stand against them. Rather like the US style of President and VP.

The main parties can put up their candidates but anyone can stand if they can fund it.

That way we might end up with a BBC that is trusted again.

Latest Threads