BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigeye, Jan 19, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Up north they do, not here

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sorry it wasn't meant as castigation - just a pointer.

She is currently working about 30' from me, however that does not influence my opinion. I regard her as being an extremely professional and efficient colleague and she's a pleasure to work with. The fact that both sides of the political divide complain of alleged bias is telling.

*cop out warning...

Her politics are a secret kept between her and the ballot box.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. Have a look at the front page here: Home - BBC News

The fragrant Laura and the BBC have managed to get 'U turn' in 5 consecutive links.

What a clever girl she is.

4. She'd have to be even cleverer to find a way to report a major U-turn without using the phrase 'U-turn'...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

6 if you include the main article!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nope, that doesn't seem right either. Where does it feature in the periodic table?

7. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash LE Moderator

Blarite (sic) is an extremely exotic element, triangulating three other ignoble elements, viz: Fantasite, Denialite and Mammonite. It is capable of quantum discrepancies in that it can hold more than one reality in tension with others without observable self destruction, thus disproving Schroedinger's theorem.

It is thought to decay to Shiteite, but all theories positing its half-life have so far been disproved since it keeps regenerating when expected to decay.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Perhaps she does not know where Scotland is or who Sturgeon is and so, being ever so clever nothing is mentioned apart from the article about how much independence is wanted in Scotland.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Auld-Yin

As she was brought up and educated in Scotland i think it fair to assume she knows where Scotland is! :cool:

10. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

No, it's some sort of special operation they all have to have when joining the BBC. Something to do with woolly? no, obtuse? no, anti establishment maybe. Or something anyway because they all seem to be like it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

You mean she is an SNP sleeper plant?

12. Maybe she's just trying to forget?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Personally not that concerned about 'bias'

I'm more concerned that the BBC 'News' service has become the liberal wing of 'OK' magazine.

I don't give a crap about 99% of the drivel they keep putting out - I want actual news, ideally with some facts and in-depth analysis. Impartial would be great, but i'm able to filter out a lot of the bias anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Auld-Yin

Aye, she reports to HQ at Kings X Station on a regular basis! :twisted:

15. What, Threshers?