BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigeye, Jan 19, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

If it's not, it'll make a change: IFS: Scotland to get billions of English income tax

However, I'm not saying I begrudge it, as I do think the Union should remain; I'm just sick of hearing the Scots complaining about, it seems, almost everything.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Don't make me utilise my super-mod powers to award you points, Yorkshireman :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Ok, that's your proghtive, but forgive for saying there's no BBC England, I've scrolled through my sky planner.

There's the Welsh one, Scots one, Irish one. But yet no English one.

I'm not having a go at the home nations at all, I just don't see any reason at all to have an exclusive service, we all have regional programs. But there's no specific BBC England. Fair enough?

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You ladies should take your bitch-fight to the Bat Cave!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Yes. Fair enough. But you brought up first the Barnett Formula then moved the goalposts to broadcasting funding within two posts, alluding to the same link.

6. Shh or @ViroBono will smash you.

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Again? :D

8. IIRC the DS answer is:

Get a room ;-)

9. It's all interlinked, the vast amount of money spent in the home countries is raised in England, yet like @ViroBono says you don't here the English banging on about it, or the Irish or the Welsh.

Why is there a need for different channels? I would imagine that costs money?

When you could acces them via the red button or online. It's if we as a United Kingdom are purperuating childish and agenda driven news via the tax payer.

George gently
    In the line of duty
    6 nations are worth the fee alone in my eyes, but just think how much more could be achieved if they didn't squander money on providing niche services.

10. Friday? So soon already?

11. That Kuenssberg woman at it again this evening.

Instead of any suggestion that Mrs May has won through in both Houses of P this evening, Ms Kuenssberg can only revel in the SNP announcement of a second referendum in Scotland, and hence the PM has "another problem"; the glee in Kuenssberg's voice is simply woeful.

Time for the ultra Blarite to be quietly removed from political broadcasting.

Spelling edited after knuckle rap from Bigeye!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  12. ultra Balarite (sic) she certainly is not.

13. Apologies for the spelling error. I'll edit that...
    How would you place her, then? Not looking for a row, genuinely interested.

14. Do you have dual language road signs up there - like the ones inflicted upon us in Welsh Wales? The current Mrs Berlin_104s works for the Local Authority and all their forms are doubled up as well, identical forms but in English and Welsh.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

15. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

In England all forms are in all languages just in case anyone......

• Like Like x 2