BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

I think it would be an issue if you accessed any live broadcasts, either via satellite or device, too. Any Arrsers know for sure?
Anyone with a computer and internet connection can watch live or non-live BBC programs. For that you ''need'' a license. So in fact the term ''TV license'' is a misnomer.

A TV is a device capable of watching live TV. But if you don't actually do so, you don't need a license.
The 'TV detector van' (a heterodyne device) would need to catch you ''in the act''. Or more likely, they'd use your ISP / IP address these days.

There's probably loads of threads on here about the old TV detector vans and whether or not they were genuine.

Maybe the super-heterodyne detector device they used was similar to the one MI5 used to detect this guy:

The spy with no name

I doubt they manged to break the OTP encryption used by the StB - probably just expense claims for lunch with Agent COB...!

Anyone with a computer and internet connection can watch live or non-live BBC programs. For that you ''need'' a license. So in fact the term ''TV license'' is a misnomer.

A TV is a device capable of watching live TV. But if you don't actually do so, you don't need a license.
The 'TV detector van' (a heterodyne device) would need to catch you ''in the act''. Or more likely, they'd use your ISP / IP address these days.
There is no such thing as a TV license.

A TV Licence licenses one to watch TV in the same way as a Driving Licence licenses one to drive vehicles.

@Acid_Reign On the subject of detector vans, some years ago a relative was visited by the TV licensing people who said they had detected that he had a tv and was watching it without a licence, and that they wanted to search for the TV.
Now as a police sergeant he was highly unlikely to be dodging a tv licence. He told them to go away and come back with a warrant.
They left, but not before they let drop that they were simply going by a database of houses without a licence.
Incidentally he has never owned a TV!

OK… I must admit to having a certain residual affection for the WS and iPlayer is useful, but I firmly intend to avoid funding this quasi "SJW" crap in my new house. Not least because I have begun to believe that it is actually morally wrong to be complicit in this sly running down of my own country.
So, to that end, if the TV ariel cable is coiled or cut out of the way is that enough, or am I going to get grief off some bunch of jobsworths?
More of their insidious lefty bias...you all know who funds Turning Point don't you?

@Acid_Reign On the subject of detector vans, some years ago a relative was visited by the TV licensing people who said they had detected that he had a tv and was watching it without a licence, and that they wanted to search for the TV.
Now as a police sergeant he was highly unlikely to be dodging a tv licence. He told them to go away and come back with a warrant.
They left, but not before they let drop that they were simply going by a database of houses without a licence.
I recall an article saying the "detector vans" thing was all fake.
They were supposed to pick up emissions from the CRT, so not much cop with LED & other screens.
I get threatening letters one a month & put them back in the post marked Return To Sender with chads drawn on them saying "Wot, no telly?" Must cost them a few quid a year for all the guff they send me...

licence even

My mate was killed by a TV detector van. The big thing on the top fell off and hit him.

The medic who treated him said it was the worse case of van-aerial disease he had ever seen

TV detector vans do not exist. Any vans are fake vans they send round council estates etc to panic people.
The BBC employs Capita to send first send 'threatograms' to addresses that do not have a licence. After many rounds of these these, escalating in threats they may send goons to sell you a licence but mainly to try and get a confession. The goon will get a bonus for this and in any case needs to get a number every month. His manager will also have targets.
Don't answer their letters and if they call at the door don't give them your name, just tell them to bugger off. .

TV detector vans do not exist. Any vans are fake vans they send round council estates etc to panic people.
The BBC employs Capita to send first send 'threatograms' to addresses that do not have a licence. After many rounds of these these, escalating in threats they may send goons to sell you a licence but mainly to try and get a confession. The goon will get a bonus for this and in any case needs to get a number every month. His manager will also have targets.
Don't answer their letters and if they call at the door don't give them your name, just tell them to bugger off. .
Opening the door wearing a leather jacket & cut-off to see them wandering off up the road & shouting "Oi, I want a word with you" makes them run away very fast indeed.

It used to be done by the Post Office. I bought a flat in Bournemouth in June 96 and couldn't afford a TV licence. Saying that I couldn't afford a telly either, and since I was working six or seven nights a week I didn't miss it. I received a couple of letters from the Post Office TV Licencing Unit and I sent them back, registering as a non-payer.

1230, Friday 13th December, 1996 (it's funny how you remember certain dates) and I'm woken by banging on my bedroom window. It's Adrian, who got me to move south in the first place, but can't hack it and is moving back up north. I let him and his girlfriend in.

"Can you take my telly back home with you when you go up for Christmas?"
"Aye, alright then."
"Okay, we'll just get it, it's in Becky's car."

At which point the doorbell rings. I've been awake for five minutes.

"Hello, Mr ******?"
"Yes."
"I'm from the Post Office TV Licensing Unit. Do you have a television licence?"
"No. I'm a registered non-payer. Do you want to have a look round to see that I haven't got a telly?"

So I show the bloke round my rather sparsely furnished flat, with Twit and Twat standing in the living room looking both guilty and gormless. I show him out and he says that I won't be hearing from them again.

Had they woken me five minutes earlier the would have been a BFO telly sat in my living room for the only time in six months just as the TV Licensing bod turned up. Then it would have been a Friday 13th to remember.

They made their excuses and left, with the telly. I collected the telly just before Christmas and it took up the back seat of my car, taking two of us to lift it. Only when I dropped it off at Adrian's parents he said "I didn't know you had a car". He had expected me to carry the bloody thing on the train.

Some more victims who no doubt claim BBC bias..

Have you looked closely at the BBC's online "news" of late.
Every article is slanted to embrace or expound the liberal/"progressive" agenda.
One beaut last week was about a woman abandoned as a child by her father, except that was only the first half. The second (& thus remembered) part was all about her "mid life crisis" leading to her becoming a volunteer working in the Calais illegal immigrant camps & with the same parasites back in the UK.

Unintentional?

I think not.
Well, I didn't see it, but is it really unreasonable to report the conditions creating her 'issues', and then moving on to the consequences of them?