BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Many a true story word spoken in jest.

Have you been there lately? I find it very reminiscent of Wood Lane and oh so proletarian:
Booths Supermarket, Alchemist posh pub, The Lowry Theatre and IWM North thing, Marco Pierre White Restaurant etc.
Rebecca Long Bailey must love the proximity of so many class comrades.

It's more London than Manchester.
A nice eyrie from which to look down and decide what to feed the proles.

The Beeb continue with their agenda and make no bones about where they stand. They are going through the runners and riders and showed brief clips of the top five walking about Downing St, one major candidate missing though, Boris. I don't think he is going to get any support from the BBC, indeed I feel their reporting will now be slanted to every chink in Boris's armour highlighting the faults rather than capabilities.

BBC are probably the most biased media outlet in Britain today. Out the SWP in the shade at times.
The BBC are the biggest Info Operation in the world and puts Putins Gang to shame... What I find interesting is in recent years the BBC has gradually acknowledged the bias, but rather than do something different they seemed to have just adopted a 'what the hell' and are more bias now than I can ever remember.

The fact the tories have allowed them to get away with it, tells its own story.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The BBC are the biggest Info Operation in the world and puts Putins Gang to shame... What I find interesting is in recent years the BBC has gradually acknowledged the bias, but rather than do something different they seemed to have just adopted a 'what the hell' and are more bias now than I can ever remember.

The fact the tories have allowed them to get away with it, tells its own story.
Are you saying the BBC bias is toward the Tories!

What arbitrary nonsense from the beeb (below): the Tories are officially pro-Brexit. Labour's current position is pro-Brexit too, yet those parties are excluded so as to create a pro-Remain piece of data.

_107120830_22_results_by_brexit_position_2019-05-27-nc.png

What arbitrary nonsense from the beeb (below): the Tories are officially pro-Brexit. Labour's current position is pro-Brexit too, yet those parties are excluded so as to create a pro-Remain piece of data.

View attachment 395317
they are an utter disgrace, and whats so amusing is the stupid cnuts dont get the fact that they are creating the problem

View attachment 395317
I see that they are using percentages as opposed to actual numbers. Since the number of voters in the Euro elections is half that of the referendum, and despite claims to the contrary EU nationals did have the vote in this election (our lasses Hungarian best mate had a voting card), claiming a democratic mandate for Remain is frankly bollocks.

I see that they are using percentages as opposed to actual numbers. Since the number of voters in the Euro elections is half that of the referendum, and despite claims to the contrary EU nationals did have the vote in this election (our lasses Hungarian best mate had a voting card), claiming a democratic mandate for Remain is frankly bollocks.
Agreed 100%.
I have made fun of this in the past (Remainer's attitudes to losing) but this flat denial of losing, aided by parts of the media, is something new. As Farage has said, democracy works [or has, in the past] because the loser accepts the defeat. The media keeping denying the desire of many of us to leave the EU is a major concern. I don't see how we can work as a country unless we accept the fair outcome of the referendum.

View attachment 395317
My Remain-voting relations have trumpeted this graphic across social media along with the rider "It's on the BBC, it must be true". Words fail me; I considered putting up something about lies, damned lies and statistics, or pointing out (as they all had in the run-up) that TBP won this election WITHOUT a formal policy, with only 6 weeks' notice, and with the combined weight of TV and social media against them, but didn't bother in the end as it's like talking to plankton.

Whilst I disagree with @Red Hander about Labour's actual Brexit stance (it stands astride the electorate like a really rubbish colossus, promising a little bit of everything whilst alienating their core vote on both sides of the Brexit question), the Tory Party is most definitely committed to Leave - although presently in such a watered down state it's worse than Remaining (not for much longer though IMHO).

Last nights 6 o'clock news had a lovely report of not at all intentional anti Brexit bias.

Off they trot to somewhere in the Midlands and interview a load of pro BP middle-aged and older white folk at a car boot sale.

Sadly they were unable to discover any anti Brexit types at this hotbed of working class and had to retire to a castle where knights jousting provided illustration for the pro/anti battle and interview lots of nice families enjoying the bank holiday.

My Remain-voting relations have trumpeted this graphic across social media along with the rider "It's on the BBC, it must be true". Words fail me; I considered putting up something about lies, damned lies and statistics, or pointing out (as they all had in the run-up) that TBP won this election WITHOUT a formal policy, with only 6 weeks' notice, and with the combined weight of TV and social media against them, but didn't bother in the end as it's like talking to plankton.
A bit like the position I find myself in on the Scottish Politics thread!

Nick Eardley BBC political correspondent, just doing a live piece on BBC news cjannel, discussing how different approaches by the parties might play with 'Conservative supporters, Lib Dem supporters and our supporters, err, Labour supporters'.

Oops.

Very, very good piece here including a transcript of a BBC 'Today' interview with Nigel Farage:

Interview that blew the gaff on the BBC’s Remain mania | The Conservative Woman
I think it is clear to all and sundry. That political interviews and commentary across the BBC and, increasingly other mainstream television news outlets, has become activist in nature.

While there is some merit in conducting adversarial interviews, the style of not allowing those who are being interviewed to finish answering a question properly, before having another launched is also becoming somewhat of a bore.

The the media class, have no idea how little they are trusted, and decry any criticism of them, as 'Russian fake news' shows a lack of intellect and honestly that is staggering.

I used to throw my support behind the BBC, accepting that it will always have a little metropolitan bias. Now I cannot wait until it is de-funded from the public purse. I do hope the Journalistic class can either 'Learn to Code' or have practised the phrase, 'would you like fry's with that order'.

I suspect those who earn a honest wage, happily working in the fast food industry, will be less happy about having, to working with them.

Output and trust could increase dramatically if many BBC journalists followed 2 simple rules:

Don’t talk over your interviewees

Don’t let other guests talk over each other