BBC bias in question (which way do they lean?)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigeye, Jan 19, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

There isn't necessarily a contradiction between being pro-Labour and wanting to stick it to Corbyn, in fact, in the view of many in the PLP, quite the opposite.

• Like Like x 12
  2. I think you'll find the 'many accusations' of BBC bias on here and elsewhere are more to do with its obvious pro EU position rather than any obvious bias against Labour. In any case, Labour and Corbyn have almost reached the status of an abandoned puppy. I (almost) feel sorry for them, but whereas I'd certainly help the puppy, there is no such feeling for the PLP.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Attacking Jeremy Corbyn? How much more pro- Labour can you get?
    (edited to add: damn! beaten to it...)

• Like Like x 1
  4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Weasel words to support Corbyn; confirmation of bias rather than the opposite.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Agreed.

As for LK, she is a Balarite, so being anti-Corbyn is a natural position

• Like Like x 2
  6. Trouble is with some presenters/editors/reporters they do at times think they are megastars. Kuenssberg is a classic example and presents the news in a fashion that is almost haughty and dismissive of any impartiality. :cool:

• Like Like x 10
  7. Peston being another classic example. They don't get it - we want to hear the news, it's NOT about you lot!

• Like Like x 20
  8. They would not deny bias in their recent Crimewatch in Lawrence case. They did not deny that their Lawrence killing re-enactment was not consistent with the evidence given at 2012 trial. They claimed the main thrust of the programme was "New evidence" of off licence CCTV footage and a bag strap. They would not deny that this also was not true. The facts being in February 2016 Head of Organised Crime CPS wrote to Scotland Yard and National Crime Agency to express concerns about failures to disclose Det sgt Davidson's 1995 disciplinary to defences at the 1996 and the 2012 trials. It was after these concerns about failure to disclose that Met found two more examples of what had been kept quiet. The CCTV footage and the strap which are clearly not "New evidence". BBC mitigated that they did what police asked.

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. Yeah but they are still hostile to Brexit and very anti Trump

• Like Like x 9
  10. Strange! I put that in my original post then took it out as the thread was about the BBC. But, yes, Peston is another who thinks he's the dogs. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  11. He qualifies - formative years at the Beeb!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Left-Center Bias

"These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation."

Not necessarily pro Labour obviously.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You buffoon.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Ask a right winger and the BBC are yogurt weaving lentin sandal wearing pinko commies, ask a left winger and it's UKIP TV.
    Cherrish it while it lasts 20yrs, from now TV will be something your Dad watched and the only news will be off the internet and complete unabashed unregulated opinion.

• Like Like x 12