BBC Accomodation Article

Just received an e mail from the BBC regarding the recent thread on accomodation standards.

Thanks so much for taking the time to email us. I was wondering if you might be able to assist us a little further with this.

I am working with the Defence news team - on a piece about soldiers' accommodation in the UK. We are keen to see some pictures or some films taken on your camera or mobile phone of some of the conditions troops are having to endure here in the UK.

I know this is quite a sensitive issue but do you think you might be willing to send us some pictures or moving images of some of your conditions?

If so, you can email to: yourpics@bbc.co.uk (for the attention of marianne)

or send as an MMS from your mobile to 07725 100 100.

Thanks a million for your time.

Best,

Marianne
Anyone got any photos to send?

BAFF is building a campaign about poor quality SLA. You can send pics/comments/video files to campaigns @ baffhq.co.uk You don't need to be a BAFF member to contribute.

Any pics welcome, including those of good standard accommodation (there is some!). It's not just ORs accommodation either - SNCO's and Officer's messes are often just as bad. Try to include interior as well as exterior images; a few words pointing out any defects that aren't obvious would be helpful, too. BAFF will respect confidentiality.

BAFF isn't in competition with the BBC - anything that highlights the scandalous standard of some accommodation is helpful.

The SFA are not exactly in good condition either!
Freezing outside with no insulation, poor heating and damp all around.
Have a good christmas, from New Labour!!

RAF_Nurse! said:
The SFA are not exactly in good condition either!
Freezing outside with no insulation, poor heating and damp all around.
Have a good christmas, from New Labour!!

First images are now available on BAFF website.

Though the first campaign is concerned with SLA, we've included some images of SFA too - it was too bad to miss out!

I've replied with a link to the BAFF page, hope that's OK

If Marianne wishes me to take some moving images of the shocking state of my back passge, then she has another thing coming!

...........mind you, if she wants to take them herself, I might be persuaded.

Anyone got any pics of Sandhurst Block at Theipval? Now THAT is shite!

How about the s SLA in Dulmen, it is absolutely disgusting - especially the SNCOs and WOs mess, which frankly needs to be closed and rebuilt- or provided as free accn.

I particularly remember the Sgts's Mess in Maidstone where you couldn't walk past another member in the corridor because it was so narrow! You could barely carry a standard issue MFO box down the corridor. And that is taking the piss, IMHO!

And the barracks won an award when it was built - reportedly. Must have been designed by that shit Poulson!

Litotes

Try Sandhurst block in Thiepval Barracks, Lisburn. It was condemned before I was posted in, was still condemned three years later when I was posted out ...

I know it is not nice to say but, I have seen pictures of the new accommodation at Fort William and they looked very good. Pictures where on the web and I do not, so don’t ask look it up.

Having lived in a Poulson mess (South bks Gib) I can understand your comments Litotes.

Go and have a look at the New blocks in Blandford. Absolute sh1te state, built by bloody foreign navvies, for a sh1t bag company, now are all rotting through. Only 9 years old. Army well spent their money there??!!

accidentalscaley said:
Go and have a look at the New blocks in Blandford. Absolute sh1te state, built by bloody foreign navvies, for a sh1t bag company, now are all rotting through. Only 9 years old. Army well spent their money there??!!
And Legionaire's Disease in the new accommodation at Bramcote. The plumbing is so badly designed that legionella keeps cropping up in the internal water tanks. Doh!

BAFF is looking for up-to-date photographs both of substandard accomodation, and of excellent accomodation, to show what can be done.

This is BAFF's first formal campaign; more on the way.

The accomodation campaign is, clearly, tri-service.

LINK - BAFF campaigns page.

We look forward to hearing from you in the New Year.

The email address to send your images and reports to is campaigns@baffhq.co.uk