BBC, A lack of tact (and thats mild)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wayner1970, Oct 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, i am fkcing pssied off AGAIN!!

The BBC news just anounced on their headlines, prior to the actual programme that " A former Soldier is jailed for urinating on a dying diasabled woman". Whilst i whole heartedly agree with this scum being put away i hate, no i fukcing detest the way forces are brought in to sensationalise a story.

I cant remember when a story was introduced as, " a former (or current) joiner, chippie, sparky, brick layer, chartered fcking accountant (or insert your own non service trade) was mentioned as a twat in the press!!

What the darren and dennis has the fact that it was an EX!! soldier got to do with it? FCK ALL!!

Rant is over but my sense of disgust remains!!

2. Just noticed someone else has already posted on this subject, dont care i am still fcking annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. It is quite normal to put in what the offender did as a job. you do get the "24 year old mechanic put his wife under the patio" occaisionally.

4. As I posted on the proper thread,

5. PROPER THREAD!!!

You Fcking thread snob!!! Get a life!!

6. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

:)

7. For proper maybe he meant first or original, calm down.

I have seen and read many stories where someones previous occupation has been reported. Police and millitary are more common. Maybe that is because higher standards are expected. You could interpret it as compliment.

BTW: Did you read the thread where the 90+ year old ex-serviceman was assualted? Do you object to the victims past occupation being mentioned? If not, why not?

8. No the other thread is much better than this one, fight, fight, fight :wink:

9. You fcukng sh1t stirrer! Get a life!!!!!!!

Or are you billy-no-mates?

:x :x :x

To the arrsehole!!!

10. I would think they would point that out because soldiers are known to have hihger standards of themselves and their conduct.

It's actually not a statement against the armed forces per se but more as one for them. At least that's how I read it. "Normally a soldier would never do this but this guy...."

11. ooooooooooooooooooooh bit touchie arent you, will you be my mate :? I bet your the life and soul of any mess.
    Hopefully your not in the Army as we'd grind to a halt, it was a little bit of extremely light banter after a week of mindblowing OPTAG, Im soooooo sorry if I upset you.

12. Fair enough. I actually thought that your "fight fight" post was funny. I just didn't think it apropriate on this particular forum or have I read the guidelines wrong?

Then again, I am no angel and sometimes (maybe often) post in haste.