BBC 3 Documentry 20 to 30 year old Iraq/Afghanistan wounded

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Please refer to the request about Andy Kershaw's programme.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
In that case a short note saying that they had agreed to you asking would be in order. If nothing else, it stops you from being fcuked off at the high port for being a trolling journo.

editted for mong finger disease.

dougl67 said:
I work in the NHS, providing critical care support equipment to the terminally ill or natural end of life patients, have never been a Journalist.

I have been on the receiving end of an RPG

I'm 70% disabled (from the RPG)

Instead of being an arm chair do gooder, I got off my backside and actually did something, can you say the same!
:clap: :clap:

dougl67

Serious question.

Why do you think a soldier would want to be interviewed by an organisation that is politically alligned to the present government? The BBC (IMO) is heavily biased in all it's reporting and seems incapable of delivering programming which is either informed or thought provoking. BBC3 would not be a natural platform on which to air the potentionally emotive subject of 'wounded servicemen/women'. Wher will it be slotted into? Between the repeat of East Enders and Family Guy?

dougl67 said:
I work in the NHS, providing critical care support equipment to the terminally ill or natural end of life patients, have never been a Journalist.

Instead of being an arm chair do gooder, I got off my backside and actually did something, can you say the same!
Well done to you mate, the upmost respect for you!

I could go on & on here but I wont, I am also a Prospective Candidate for 1 of the main 3 Party's in the Council Elections, again getting off my backside and really doing some good in the Community and for every Veteran I find on my trails, so I personally like to take on these chaps when I can.

I talking personally of this, have used these mediums to get a message out.

I've been on the Tonight programme, critical illness & death policy's, that was imposed by the insurers own small print with additions to the criteria, hence very high rejections. (Including my own claim rejected, 2 spinal fractures, a partial paralised left leg, rebuilt bladder & drain, rebuilt bowel & Stoma equipment and heart conditions) in their eyes is not perminantly disabled

Exposed the stealth tax on war pensioners.

Exposed the state of the medical examinations, pending appeals 4,300, successful appeals 1,700 and a 30% appeal rate.

Exposed the DWP system failures in being able to accommodate war pensioners.

Have attended Tribunals (including my own) and helped correct wrong decisions etc etc.

Perhaps someone who is willing to talk on camera, can do some good by taking the lead on the intervie'er and directing it towards being factually correct.

Just a thought :D

pegasus797 said:
dougl67 said:

Well done to you mate, the upmost respect for you!
Your welcome :D

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
BPS666 said:
dougl67

Serious question.

Why do you think a soldier would want to be interviewed by an organisation that is politically alligned to the present government? The BBC (IMO) is heavily biased in all it's reporting and seems incapable of delivering programming which is either informed or thought provoking. BBC3 would not be a natural platform on which to air the potentionally emotive subject of 'wounded servicemen/women'. Wher will it be slotted into? Between the repeat of East Enders and Family Guy?
May refer you to the BBC documentary "Wounded" covering the recovery and rehabilitation of 2 wounded soldiers at Headley Court? Thoughtful, tactful, moving, inspiring and entirely non-political.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
dougl67 said:

Instead of being an arm chair do gooder, I got off my backside and actually did something, can you say the same![/quote

No, I can't say that I've been on the receiving end of an RPG, or that I am 70% disabled. What I can say, is that I have seen journalists come onto this site and invite young squaddies (for want of a term) to appear in the media and make cnuts of themselves. That is why I posed the question in this and the other thread, and I hope that you understand the reasoning behind the original question and the subsequesnt statement.

I have absolutely nothing against you, indeed I think that you are doing good. However, this site has rules about PERSEC and OPSEC, nothing in your original post made reference to this.

KR's

Mr_F

dougl67 said:
I could go on & on here but I wont, I am also a Prospective Candidate for 1 of the main 3 Party's in the Council Elections, again getting off my backside and really doing some good in the Community and for every Veteran I find on my trails, so I personally like to take on these chaps when I can.

I've been on the Tonight programme, critical illness & death policy's, that was imposed by the insurers own small print with additions to the criteria, hence very high rejections. (Including my own claim rejected, 2 spinal fractures, a partial paralised left leg, rebuilt bladder & drain, rebuilt bowel & Stoma equipment and heart conditions) in their eyes is not perminantly disabled

Exposed the state of the medical examinations, pending appeals 4,300, successful appeals 1,700 and a 30% appeal rate.

Have attended Tribunals (including my own) and helped correct wrong decisions etc etc.

Perhaps someone who is willing to talk on camera, can do some good by taking the lead on the intervie'er and directing it towards being factually correct.

Where are you standing (no pun intended)?
I'll fcuking vote for you.

Edited to correct the fcuking * that appeared when I typed fcuking

Bouillabaisse said:
BPS666 said:
dougl67

Serious question.

May refer you to the BBC documentary "Wounded" covering the recovery and rehabilitation of 2 wounded soldiers at Headley Court? Thoughtful, tactful, moving, inspiring and entirely non-political.
Well said tha man, I saw that documentry & I agree with your comments

freedomman said:
dougl67 said:

No pun or insult taken, in fact, quite good actually. Leeds

Mr_Fingerz said:
dougl67 said:

Instead of being an arm chair do gooder, I got off my backside and actually did something, can you say the same![/quote

No, I can't say that I've been on the receiving end of an RPG, or that I am 70% disabled. What I can say, is that I have seen journalists come onto this site and invite young squaddies (for want of a term) to appear in the media and make cnuts of themselves. That is why I posed the question in this and the other thread, and I hope that you understand the reasoning behind the original question and the subsequesnt statement.

I have absolutely nothing against you, indeed I think that you are doing good. However, this site has rules about PERSEC and OPSEC, nothing in your original post made reference to this.

KR's

Mr_F
Apologies for not replying sooner, I've just finished a Board meeting for the Charity.

In answer to your question/thoughts

I know the site has rules. I know the site is monitored. I know the site has OPSEC & PERSEC as you put it. I would hope that someone has the gumption especially a squaddie, to work out when they are getting led up the garden path, especially by a journalist.

I know the site creators. I know the site sponsors, One site Sponsor has actually been around to my house and requested I became more active, with them, the site and the Charity.

I wouldn’t post anything unless I was 110% comfortable with it.

My question is, who appointed you Grand High Arch Duke Armchair Oversee'er on what gets published/discussed/posted on a forum!

Or was it more a case that you wanted to post your 2 pennyworth!

How about you let those who monitor things like this, do the monitoring and we will get on enjoying the use of this valuable, factual and interesting forum & post's without being pestered by the armchair police and Yes, I’m sure if a “Journo” comes on the site, we the site user’s will spot him and alert everybody to his or her presence in a matter of seconds.

Nothing personal

:evil:

dougl67 said:
freedomman said:
dougl67 said:

Got to get the fcuking right Cant do anything without a good fcuking

For those of you that are quoting 'wounded' - I agree. It was a moving, tactful, inspirational and intelligent piece of journalism.

Wasn't on BBC3 though was it? The point I am trying to make is that (personal opinion about the BBC aside) is why would a soldier want to appear on a documentary / journal which is due to be scheduled on the TV equivalent of 'Loaded'?

Dougl67 - have to applaud your 'get on with it' attitude matey. Can't imagine what it feels like to try and headbut an RPG and then rebuild your life! My hat is doffed! Are you standing as an independant? If you are standing as a Labour candidate stay away from my door if you are canvassing - cos I'll set the dog on you and it doesn't sound like you could outrun it! ;)

dougl67 said:
dougl67 said:
freedomman said:

Got to get the fcuking right Cant do anything without a good fcuking
C'mon chap, as a potential politician, you must know this sort of quote could come back to haunt you? Or possibly help you, it is Leeds and not Doncaster after all. :D :D

PS. Well done to you for all you do and good luck in any future election, God knows we need more people like you supporting, selflessly, the common man (and woman)