BBC 3 Documentry 20 to 30 year old Iraq/Afghanistan wounded

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dougl67, Jan 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC 3 would like to interview some younger generation wounded veterans from Iraq & Afghanistan.

If anyone is willing to be interview'd on camera, for a future BBC 3 documentry, can you contact me so I can give you the contact name and telephone number to ring.

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Please refer to the request about Andy Kershaw's programme.
  3. Yes they bloody well have, hence these organisations being pointed in the direction of our organisations

thanks for asking
  4. Mr_Fingerz

In that case a short note saying that they had agreed to you asking would be in order. If nothing else, it stops you from being fcuked off at the high port for being a trolling journo.

editted for mong finger disease.
  5. I work in the NHS, providing critical care support equipment to the terminally ill or natural end of life patients, have never been a Journalist.

I have been on the receiving end of an RPG

I'm 70% disabled (from the RPG)

Instead of being an arm chair do gooder, I got off my backside and actually did something, can you say the same!
  6. :clap: :clap:
  7. dougl67

Serious question.

Why do you think a soldier would want to be interviewed by an organisation that is politically alligned to the present government? The BBC (IMO) is heavily biased in all it's reporting and seems incapable of delivering programming which is either informed or thought provoking. BBC3 would not be a natural platform on which to air the potentionally emotive subject of 'wounded servicemen/women'. Wher will it be slotted into? Between the repeat of East Enders and Family Guy?
  8. Well done to you mate, the upmost respect for you!
  9. I could go on & on here but I wont, I am also a Prospective Candidate for 1 of the main 3 Party's in the Council Elections, again getting off my backside and really doing some good in the Community and for every Veteran I find on my trails, so I personally like to take on these chaps when I can.

I talking personally of this, have used these mediums to get a message out.

I've been on the Tonight programme, critical illness & death policy's, that was imposed by the insurers own small print with additions to the criteria, hence very high rejections. (Including my own claim rejected, 2 spinal fractures, a partial paralised left leg, rebuilt bladder & drain, rebuilt bowel & Stoma equipment and heart conditions) in their eyes is not perminantly disabled

Exposed the stealth tax on war pensioners.

Exposed the state of the medical examinations, pending appeals 4,300, successful appeals 1,700 and a 30% appeal rate.

Exposed the DWP system failures in being able to accommodate war pensioners.

Have attended Tribunals (including my own) and helped correct wrong decisions etc etc.

Perhaps someone who is willing to talk on camera, can do some good by taking the lead on the intervie'er and directing it towards being factually correct.

Just a thought :D
  10. Your welcome
  11. Your welcome :D
  12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

May refer you to the BBC documentary "Wounded" covering the recovery and rehabilitation of 2 wounded soldiers at Headley Court? Thoughtful, tactful, moving, inspiring and entirely non-political.
  13. Mr_Fingerz

14. Where are you standing (no pun intended)?
    I'll fcuking vote for you.

Edited to correct the fcuking * that appeared when I typed fcuking
  15. Well said tha man, I saw that documentry & I agree with your comments