BBC 2 Tuesday nights.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Axeman, Feb 4, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For once it seems the Beeb have got their programming sorted. The tricks of war series is good enough, but now its followed by a new series called "crisis commander". Basically it puts three civvies in ministerial positions, reacting to a rapidly changing and escalating shit in the fan situation.
    Tonights plot revolved around an explosion at Waterloo (cause unknown), power loss on the underground trapping tube trains in them, an attack on the national grid and a passenger aircraft on route from Africa that is refusing air traffic controls.
    Their desicions resulted in the plane crashing into Parliment because they would not shoot it down even after it was confirmed to be in terrorist hands, thus causing the Thames underground tunnel to colapse with a train and 500 passengers in the tunnel. They had failed to order the tunnel flood gates in time, consequently flooding the whole of the underground and no doubt killing thousands.
    The cost less lives was some 50 odd billion of Her Maj's finest pounds.
    Look forward to next week.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/crisiscommand/index.shtml

2. Safe to say they fucked that one up then! :lol:

3. looks like crisis commander was a 1 off next week is the start of a series on TWAT(the war against terrorism)
    But there is a 3 parter on as well on Dunkirk comming soon

4. Shame that, the programme looked like it had quite good potential. Is that why they did it as a one-off?!! Poss a pilot for later this year?

5. hope so taped it and watched it last night what a bunch of idiots. There is a site on the bbc site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crisiscommand/

The problem was they thought like politicians.

I like 'crafty tricks of war' on a tue BBC2

On wednesday's BBCNI is running a series of Irish history programmes that are great they seperate the myths of Irish history from the facts its called 'so you think you know' they've doen william of orange and the plantation. In a very entertaining format. Makes uncomfortable viewing for both sides as their understanding of history get turned around

6. hope so taped it and watched it last night what a bunch of idiots. There is a site on the bbc site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crisiscommand/

The problem was they thought like politicians.

I like 'crafty tricks of war' on a tue BBC2

On wednesday's BBCNI is running a series of Irish history programmes that are great they seperate the myths of Irish history from the facts its called 'so you think you know' they've doen william of orange and the plantation. In a very entertaining format. Makes uncomfortable viewing for both sides as their understanding of history get turned around

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I read the www site info and 2/3 sounded a bit left of centre to me, Human Rights lawyer and PhD in eco something or other...

What was their failure or was it one of those DS tricks where they are damned if they do and damned if they don't?

8. My spy tells me that this series is being considered for a return in May. A further three episodes may be made.

Trotsky

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

It would be nice if they put a military team in, just to see if our training and decision making skills would produce a better result than other teams.

Maybe compare that to a university team, a team of clever proffessor types or a team of..... house wives, who, if mine is anything to go by, can solve most of the worlds problems with a withering look.

I shall write to the BBC and suggest the same.

G

10. You just KNOW that Dick and Diarmuid are just having someone video what they normally do anyway.....

11. Another series of crisis command has been filmed and will be out later in the year, according to my very well placed source.

Trotsky

12. The new series of crisis command starts sunday at 2100 on BBc2

Trotsky