Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by sleeper, Nov 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Substitution pay is about £2 something a day. You do not get the actual pay of the rank. It lasts for 6 months and then I think they need to approach Bde for it to carry on longer. Best bet speak to your pay clerks.
  2. Don't you mean an extra £400, ????
  3. When i was a Sgt i was doing a Staffy's job and receiving the pay of a Staffy (not just an extra Sgts increment).

Something doesn't seem right here, but i'm not a pay Gnu so don't have the answer.

Could it be the enigma that is JPA?
  4. Sleeper

Substitution pay is paid at the rate you would be paid if you were to be promoted to the next rank up. Your clerks should be aware of this. If you want to drop me a PM with your details I will let you know what you should get.

5. Sleeper, I haven't got the rates to hand but isn't grade 2 Sgt higher band the same as a lower band SSgt rate? You would get at least a 2% rise, in line with Paywog's post, and if your trade drops to lower band on promotion this could explain it.
  6. Likewise. I was high band sgt doing a low band staffie's job (I was already on more than the regular job holder who was away). I had to receive high band staffie pay as you are paid for the RANK not the APPOINTMENT.
  7. I concur with PW, you're definately getting the wrong pay. As DW states, paid for the rank not the appt. Go see your pay bods and if you don't get any joy from them, speak to your FSA - he should at least know what he's talking about, although the way AGC MCM works that's no guarantee.