Bayh - whats his problem?

Discussion in 'US' started by blue-sophist, Feb 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Another Dem Sen bails out?

He's dribbling on Fox right now - submitting his CV for the next job.

But WHY is he going?

2. Fcuked if I know. He had the cash and while he managed to p1ss off just about everyone in Washington at some point over the last 12 months, Indiana is a fairly moderate state (other Senator is Dick Luger) and his opponent is a clown. I don't think he'd have had a very tough re-election battle, despite what pundits might say. What's more, you don't build a $13m war chest if you don't plan on running. Something's afoot.

I'm friends with the CoS of one of Indiana's (Democratic) Congressmen. I'll give him a call later- although I imagine he's going to pretty damn busy right now. The state party has until Friday to find someone with a heartbeat to replace him on the ballot.

3. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Thanks, Crabby.

I wondered whether the "Obama Dream" had failed him - or he didn't get the job he hoped for!

No rush; it just seemed rather peculiar ... giving up all that 'power' and privilege and money and benefits and ... you know.

4. Family stoat was a little confused by this one last night as well. The best we could collectively come up with was that he is bailing out ostensibly on principle now so that he can come back later untainted by the train wreck that the Obama-Pelosi-Reid agenda is becoming.

According to these PUMA's www.HillBuzz.org who have been on the receiving end of the machine, "moderates" are currently not being well treated by the DNC, who rather have an attitude of Fit In (with the hard left of the party) Or F*ck Off, and it seems that an awful lot are choosing the latter.

Relevant to the latter point, it should also be noted that the stumbling block to passing the agenda has not been the RNC, despite what the official narrative has been (the Congressional mathematics just does not stack up and I think most people see this), but the blue dogs. Hence the venom.

5. This is the HillBuzz take:

http://hillbuzz.org/2010/02/15/question-is-evan-bayh-going-to-run-for-president-in-2012/

6. Bayh ain't no fool. He knows what's coming when the economy totally collapses and it is finally understood by the masses that the bailouts did more harm than good. The pols will be running for the hills when the angry mobs demand satisfaction from those responsible.

7. I've been waiting for the live boy/dead girl story to break. It hasn't, so maybe this is genuinely a political thing, rather than a 'human interest' one.

C_C