BATUS

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Wyvern, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    Didn't get much of a response on the officer's forum, so trying here..

I know its a while off, but does anyone know who will be at BATUS in summer 2008? Apologies if it's a daft question, just thinking who I can go and bug during my elective, as not overly keen on the standard medical cadet stuff, and as I'm attached to the yeomanry it'd be good to see something relevent to that.

If no-one knows, can someone tell me when the info will become available?

Cheers, Wyv.

2. Mate.

You stand more chance of being stampeded by a herd of Yak! We don't even know whats going on tomorrow, let alone 2008 FFS!!! HTH. :frustrated:

3. This is true, I was permanent staff in Batus and we only knew about 6 months to 1 year's plans, They probably haven't decided yet and it will probably depend on which conflicts are prioritized.

4. the army bath unit normally deploy every time try them,,,,

5. Given that most of the Army have been a tad busy on ops for the last couple of years BATUS have struggled to fill some of their exercise slots. I know Sandhurst has been out a couple of times, which will involve lots of tabbing about the prairie, but might be good experience if you want a commission.

6. The bon mot Sir is struggling for, is, I believe;

<ahem>

You stand more chance of being run-over by a herd of Yak. The stampede is implicit. :thumright:

HTH
    HAND

BTW is it raining over there? Cos it's persisting down here ATM.

7. Mate.

You stand more chance of being stampeded by a herd of Yak! We don't even know whats going on tomorrow, let alone 2008 FFS!!! HTH.

Or even a herd of Armoured Farmers.

8. I work for a contractor doing trg at BATUS and I have just received the trg schedule for this year which has changed numerous times since the end of the last trg season. And of course we are told still subject to change.
    So the chances of getting answers for next year are as GH said
    You stand more chance of being stampeded by a herd of Yak

So do not hold your breath too long awaiting an answer :frustrated:

9. Oh well, bring on the Yak. Was worth asking!

Cheers guys!

(but if any of you can think of any RAC orientated thing where it would be fun (or good experience) working with an RMO, please let me know!)