Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to get a posting to BATUS!

Are there any RGN posts out there? I've heard they only use locals in the Med Centre! Is this true?

What other far flung postings are there for RGN's? Incase I cant get Batus!

2. locals no. well yes they have them too. but if you want to go there you will love it. i spent 8 long med mans there out in the field but you would be in the med centre.
    try an get a posting for two years it will be the best time of your life.
  3. Used to be a Staffy RGN posting. Had a brilliant 9 months there in79.
  4. I know there was a LSN for two RGN's out there, cause a colleague of mine was posted out their in 2003/2004.
  5. one of the slots is for a WO2.
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Another far flung posting is Catterick.
  7. LOL! I think I am going there soon anyways! I was hoping for something more remote! :D
  8. Do you know the rank for the other slot? As I'm nowhere near WO2 and would like to get there before I leave the Army.Lol!

9. Did MM2 in 04 when I had to go to the med centre the other was a stripey
    Good luck and it is a fantastic place to go
    only managed 2 med mans (so far)
    But loved it
  10. BATUS is without question one of the best training facilities the British Army has and as an RGN you will gain experience in area's that most RGN's can only dream off. Sadly for the QA'a the WO2 RGN slot is about to be taken away and given back to the rightful owners of that LSN WO2 CMT.
  11. what about cyprus or belize ?
  12. Both sound good! Extremely Good!

What rank and specialities are required for out there?

So I can work on getting them! :D
  13. Who'd you get knocked up, LS?
  14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Outer Mongolia has a med centre, and Smithy is a good friend of the Khan, they were at Eton together.