Discussion in 'Gunners' started by msr, Aug 19, 2009.
The heart of the site is the forum area, including:
Any useful advice? Am off on Medman shortly.
Yes. Stay out of the Sin Bin Bar in Medicine Hat.
Loads of dosh and extra trunks for the wates slides
Watch what you eat in the Gag 'n' Puke It's nicknamed that for a reason
Edited to add: and dig carefully
1. When you go US in Iceland for 36 hours take your sleeping bag when you leave the aircraft.
2. Do not go native and buy cowboy boots
3. Stay off the radioactive nuclear test site.
4. Take mossie repellant as used at Auschwitz
When map reading and using a compass, the rules are the other way round ie:
Mag to Grid = add
Grid to Mag = subtract (take away, if you're an officer )
Do not be tempted to shag the very hot and extremely flirtatious young lady doctor in your battle group who is married to another officer in your own brigade. If you encounter her half naked in the mess on her way to the shower, look to your front.
Don't wire up your music machine (whatever they now), to what you believe is the intercom and is actually the BG net
Beware of the Canuck Mil Pol.
1. Do go native and buy cowboy boots.
2. Do not antagonize Canadian Policemen and lead them on a wild goose-chase of Calgary.
3. Do go to Cowboys in Calgary and befriend the shots girls.
4. Wear bodyarmour and smoke like chimney to keep the mozzies away.
5. Pantomime horses do not go down well with angry generals on the final attack.
How many police forces are there between BATUS/Suffield and Med Hat?
Buy a Batus banger and use as a taxi
Bring us back some duty frees
Yet again I don't agree with your post....
The Sin Bin is a must see and a right of passage for anyone who ventures into Med Hat.
Well i understand that irony might escape you. Not that I ever went to the Sin Bin myself in my 5 months there.
1. Take up smoking in order to kill 3% of the 68,000 mozzies that will try and bite your eye in the first hour. Especially this time of year. Atleast a head net to aid sleeping. (Do not find out the hard way by walking to the Canex in PT kit).
2. Do not heat up loonies or toonies in order to throw at the topless chicks (Who I hear aren't topless anymore) in the titty (No more titty) bars.
3. Visit Calgary, Banff, West Edmonton Mall if you get the chance.
4. Always carry a good book in your kit as you WILL get bogged in.
5. Do not tell any staff at drinking establishments that you are with the battlegroup.
Separate names with a comma.