Batty or what?

Army blows up bat box

Homes were evacuated and a main road closed when the Army blew up a suspicious package which turned out to be a bat box.

The A23 and the B2110 at Pease Pottage, West Sussex were closed for several hours after an Army bomb disposal team was called in, reports the BBC.

The Highways Agency said the package was a bat box being used as part of a wildlife survey.

It was placed on a bridge over the road in advance of an A23 expansion scheme.

"We are working on ways to improve identification of our property to avoid a repeat of the incident," said a spokesman.

The alert was raised amid fears the bat box contained explosives.

Several homes were evacuated and motorists experienced long delays.

A Sussex Police spokesman said: "As a result of a well-intentioned call by a member of the public the package was investigated but found to be harmless."
:oops:

better that, than finding out the hard way that it WAS a bomb!!!

bigbird67 said:
better that, than finding out the hard way that it WAS a bomb!!!
Too right, better safe than sorry. I do, does remember Felix blowing a box of Tampax in NI as well. All good training.

:wink:

SparkySteve said:
Rumrunner said:
I do, does remember Felix blowing a box of Tampax in NI as well. All good training.

:wink:
Was it a sticky situation?
There was blood on the carpet.

It was planted as part of the Settler Watch campaign by an octet from near Stirling.

They were know as the Menstrie Eight.

Sussex Police spokesman said: "As a result of a well-intentioned call by a member of the public the package was investigated but found to be harmless."

Well done that member of the public

one way to get rid of bats i spose there a right cnut if there in your attic tho

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have bats in my belfry. Will they get blown too?

I'm definitely not a batty. I don't like the idea of being anyones sausage jockey. 8O

Umm - Hat? Coat? Gloves? I won't let the door batter my arrse on the way out