Battleship Flops!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Blade-Runner, May 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Actually, I quite enjoyed it, despite the flaws and Naval...inaccuracies

2. I wonder if her boyfreind/SO will be giving her a slap for this monstrosity?

• Like Like x 1
  3. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

I am wholly unsurprised, I wasted a ridiculous amount of money taking my two smalls to see this, pure plop!

Now, to go an see prometheus with some likeminded adult(s) as Mrs A2 isn't keen - that'll be far better

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Flops, but has still made >70m USD profit in two months.

I found the film a fun well made american-pulp movie.

And a good lesson in ROE's, the Aliens being non-threatening at any stage in the movie and the yanks who keep trying to killthem.

5. Battleship 2 was stupid but fun handbrake turn in a attleship anyone :)

6. Stupid but fun was mine & Mrs Ties' opinion. Getting sloshed on red wine afterwards, she attempted to place it above Zulu for which I spat in her steak sandwich. Bitch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

sorry - Prometheus is a load of shite, I'm afraid to say. looks amazing, hangs together quite well for the most part, but the glaring plot holes are brought into sharp relief by the sheer 'wtf??' of the last fifteen minutes. and I was really looking frward to it - I'm an Alien obsessive, its my all time favourite film - as someone on the DoG website said, 'this is beyond Phantom Menace levels of suckage.' and it is.

8. Going to see Prometheus on Tuesday after work but I'm not expecting great things unfortunately. It's a shame this series has been ill-served by crappy scripts and directors who go for style over content...although that could be said for most releases these days.

9. In fairness I've never been a fan of critics as they often slate films that aren't half bad. Yes Battleship was innacurate in regards to naval tactics, etc. sometimes the acting wasn't fantastic either but it did have some funny moments an lots of people/aloe s dying. An that for me...makes a film

10. Did you enjoy Schindler's List?

11. Funny as **** that film

12. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

my then-gf at the time that was out, when I said I was going to see it, she suggested I take tissues.

I said 'ok, but it seems a funny kind of a film to have a **** over.'

• Like Like x 1
  13. Schindler's List: The Musical

Now there's a challenge.

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

perhaps there's a bollywood version?