battlefield trip to france

At my det we are thinking of putting together a trip to france for the cadets to visit the somme and some of the first world war battlefields.

now my question is has anyone else on here organised such a trip? if they have what kind of red tape am i going to have to jump through to get it off the ground?

any info anyone can give me would be gratfuly received.

Just saw on Wales Today that a Det from Wrexham is taking part in tomorrows commemoration service, due to their fundraising for the RBL.

Well done to all the chaps and chapesses who took part. My sympathies to the Cdt Cpl, whose Great-Grandfather was killed in the battle, for having to go on TV and be interviewed with what appears to be a scorching case of Herpes on his top lip!!! :D

slingshot said:
At my det we are thinking of putting together a trip to france for the cadets to visit the somme and some of the first world war battlefields.

now my question is has anyone else on here organised such a trip? if they have what kind of red tape am i going to have to jump through to get it off the ground?

any info anyone can give me would be gratfuly received.
Only just seen this. For formal process see my response to CCF type at topic: 'Cadets camping overseas', currently forth topic down.

A group from Sheffield OTC did a somme battlefield tour at end of june, it went through belgium and france and included flag bearing at menin gate and a role in the rededication of the Sheffield Pals Memorial and the Sheffield Memorial Park. They even managed to be in the front line trenches at 7:30am on the anniversary.. it was all organised by their now ex senior subbie who may be able to help.

WOcdt. Organising the cattlefield tour is the easy bit, it is all the niff, naff and trivia that goes along with forces' (especially cadet) visits which is the difficulty. Nevertheless I am impressed at what seems particularly good organisation.