Battlefield Tour Accomodation in Arnhem

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by barbarasson, May 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone got details of a good place they have stayed in Arnhem? I've only ever stayed in Nijmegen. Any ideas welcome.
  2. I stayed here the other year Clicky

Cheap and cheerful, good breakfast and right opposite the bus station. About 2 minutes walk from The Square.

Failing a hotel, any of the campsites are good and cheap. There's loads on the outskirts.
  3. Years ago I stayed at
    Petersbergsweg 34
    Tel +31 26-3333225

It's aboutv a500 yards from The Hartenstein Airborne Museum and I recall it being very well priced and comfortable.
  4. Sorry double posting. It was that good
  5. Usually camp by the Rhine, costs for a week less than one nights hotel, good showers etc, easy to walk back from pub as its downhill :) though the schoonord has become some god awful tapas bar or something similar!!
  6. Just returned from a ten day trip to cover the Market Garden area. We stayed in the Hotel Blanc in Arnhem. Top notch at a reasonable price, very friendly staff and they even `loaned` us the conference facility to watch DVD`s etc and plan our days agenda.

A very short walk to some good places to eat. I`d recomend the `Robin Hood`. Despite it`s Brit sounding name, it served up some cracking Dutch food and again very friendly service.
  7. Does that exist? I've been in Clogland four and a half years and haven't experienced any yet!!
  8. Ive stayed in both the Hotel blanc as recomended by badger heed and the hotel haarhuis . the latter was the best by far with better food and a bar with a bit of an atmosphere, however the hotel blanc did the job and both are about 100m from the bus and train stations and not much more from the main square which has some cracking bars and cubs