Battlefield 5

shifty j2

Old-Salt
Heard on a video from jackfrags on youtube that BF5 is to be showcased on the 5th of May 2016- at some game geek meeting, but at least we will be able to confirm or deny the duty rumour that it will be WW1 focused or not.

Points to whoever can post the teaser videos first.

Ritch

LE
Heard on a video from jackfrags on youtube that BF5 is to be showcased on the 5th of May 2016- at some game geek meeting, but at least we will be able to confirm or deny the duty rumour that it will be WW1 focused or not.

Points to whoever can post the teaser videos first.

He's usually pretty good for info too so it'll probably happen.

One thing I do hope is that the campaign is much improved, although as is the norm these days, it's all about the multiplayer.

I think I must be the only person hoping it isn't set in WW1. No fancy optics, no heli's (thank God I hear you and @takemedrunkimhome say) and no tech.

shifty j2

Old-Salt
Truth is @Ritch , I would be happier if not set in ww1. There are so many conflicts to choose from in the world today, and since the ethos of battlefield is to flank, team work, and combined arms at every level, there would be limitations with a ww1 backstory.

And completely agree, how you going to unlock stuff? There is nothing to unlock! *achievement- greatcoat
*achievement- puttees. Etc.

To be fair i hope they do go back to old conflicts as it'll mean back to basics of using iron sights, covering fire, flanking and working with your team. There is something good about iron sights and lack of tech and vehicles, it would be refreshing.
As for a WW 1 setting i dont think it would work, as we all know there was a lack of movement during the actual conflict so i don't see it working well for a computer game like BF.
As a side note i would love if somebody did make a game about WW 1 or even go back to say Rorke's Drift or the Crimean War but im a sad c**t and would enjoy playing games like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a proper all out WW2 fest. With all the futuristic shit nowadays, some good old fashioned iron sight Lee Enfielding would be bloody marvellous. Add to that some epic dogfights with air vehicles, hell even having one map where one team spawns with 5 Dakotas and no other method of reaching the enemy territory other than swimming and job well done. A myriad of great scenarios to choose from for multiplayer maps.

Alternatively I'd love a return to Vietnam, as it has a great balance of both worlds. Cutting around in a loaded up Huey trying to drop off more gunz to an overrun LZ is always a hoot.

I don't however fancy WWI. Being teamkilled because I wasn't looking at the screen when the whistle went to go over the top is going to lead to an unhappy player. So will endless rounds of spawn > climb ladder > thumb stick in sprint sprint sprint > killed by whizzbang > respawn. But thats just me.

Ritch

LE
A DICE developer has confirmed there will be a trailer this week. He also said, and I quote, "The internet will melt."

We shall see.

They are really going to have to pull something special out of the bag to get me anywhere near after the last 3 efforts left such a bad taste in my mouth.

shifty j2

Old-Salt
I think in 45 mins we will know! The live stream is on now, search battlefield 5 on youtube. Its says ww1 on the live stream already. So I guess that is it for real.

shifty j2

Old-Salt
Looks good! I get back in December, so will have to play catch up massively with you guys! I'm just worried it will be a bit light on the weapons side. However, seeing arty going for it looked cool

Ritch

LE
Looks good! I get back in December, so will have to play catch up massively with you guys! I'm just worried it will be a bit light on the weapons side. However, seeing arty going for it looked cool

Personally I'm half looking forward to this and half dreading it.

I hope they manage to slip a Tunguska in somewhere. I doubt anyone will notice...