Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Jebus, May 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

First off apologies if this is the totally wrong place to post this.

I don't know anything about the army but what I am after is somewhere I can get decent reference material for the latest modern british army battledress. I am intending to use it to make models but they have to be as accurate and up to date as possible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction - online or otherwise?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Look in your local Army surplus shop. The owners usually know the answers to any questions and can show you examples.
  3. Won't the MoD web-site have some details on this?. Also lots of photographs.

PS ... Wah ?
  4. Given the pick-and-mix methods we employ to kit ourselves out it would proberbly be quite difficult to tie it down to specific standard dress methods if realistic models are your aim.
  5. I thought (hoped) there would be some kind of Jane's equivilant for battledress, that would have line drawings etc etc.
    Thanks for the tips anyway. I will follow up on them.
  6. Check out the Osprey military series books. These have illustrations in colour in the middle and cover various campaigns. They certainly did one on the gulf and one on the British Army post war. Also Blandford did a series on uniforms which covered webbing etc. :wink: