Battle Stripes

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by pommydigger, Dec 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know where I can get a copy of Battle Stripes, I have called ITV but they are not much help, they also reckon it could be up to 100 pound per epsiode if they can get them, 13 epsiodes!!!

Help would be much appreciated.

2. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

Sandhurst video library has several copies of the whole series.

Give them a call.

dpm

3. Thanks, I'll give them a try

4. anyone got an up date on this, can't get a copy anywhere- not for sale anyway- I don't even want an original, burnt is fine

5. Yes, it was an excellent series. I taped it at the time, but wouldn't mind a copy on DVD myself.

6. Interested in any other fly on the wall type doco's. I remember one about some young Inf recruits too before I left, not sure what it was called, but it followed them through basic and then their job training.

Anyone got anything like this?

7. Pommydigger, you might be talking about a doco called Soldiers To be, that was on the BBC in 99/2000..around the same time I joined the army. It followed recruits who were in training with the infantry and also RLC.

They are /were repeated on sky, some channel like UK Horizons.

As for Battlestripes, im sure that was a programme about the Infantry platoon sgts battle course in Wales.

The doco about Officers joining the army, was called Guns And Roses, that was on also around the same time as the above.

The army had a few docos then, all around 99/2000.

8. thanks armies, know anyone with any copies? I have tried ringing granada and they want 100 pounds per episode and there are 13 eps of Battle Stripes- Hard for me to get stuff like that here in Aust, missing Sky as well aussie satelite TV just doesn't cut it.

9. Let me know how you go aussiedigger, im in Aus aswell and would love copies of these series, I remember Battle Stripes on TV a few years back - was fantastic.

10. warm, apparently they have shown it here , prob on UK TV, will keep you posted if I get a copy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. I did have a copy somewhere, got it when I was posted there. If I can dig it out I will let you know failing that try the IBS Brecon Repro cell that's who I got it off.

12. What about young soldiers that is a recent doc that follow recruits through phase1 and 2 at catt and then follows them to afgan. the full programme can be watched on youtube a mans best friend : )

13. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Got a steer to this the other day, it's excellent!
    It would be interesting to see how the rest of their careers went?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)