Battle of Knightsbridge

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Nov 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The Times reports that some Piccadilly Cowboys apparently indulged in a little war of their own when they were involved in a fight outside a Knightsbridge club. A Syrian student was injured.

C&P as registration required.

Oh dear....
  2. This is not good.

As a Police Officer, I can see that a combination of a billionaire, an Arab student, soldiers, reports of xenophobic/racist abuse/motive and a missing eye are not good for any suspects.

I can only imagine the behind the scenes conversations that are currently taking place.
  3. Pity the poor squaddies, money talks
  4. Yes of course they were only speaking Arabic, - no other 'provocation' of any sort what so ever was provided!!

Yeah right. :?

Have to say I'm generally against the use of bottles/glasses. Horrific injuries. :(
  5. A forgone conclusion as to who will be found at fault. Blair won't want his mates upset.
  6. The point is no one on this forum was actually there (I presume). So how can any of us possibly comment?

We're in danger of doing what the press do, and pre-judging the sequence of events that led to this incident.

And when the press do that, just how much abuse do they receive in these pages?

Hint of hypocracy creeping in?
  7. You're right of course CS. But the arithmetic does seem weighted.

10 men fighting
    1 injured
    5 arrested - all soldiers

I wonder what or who the remaining four were.
  8. Long time since I was in the Wellington but back then it was used by orrificers and not the oiks Has this changed or will it be bowler hats and tight rolled umbrellas in court?
  9. I have not commented on guilt or otherwise, or made any assumptions, simply that with the circumstances as posted, and the allegation, as posted, this will be treated like someone has killed the Queen, and enormous pressure and interference will come to bear on the parties involved in the criminal justice system.
  10. I agree whole heatedly with this. with the army there will be in a controlled enviroment and not really given the chance to "coordinate" their response whereas the 'other' participants have a free range and can cook up anything that will make their story unbreakable.

Sorry but the dice are loaded against us. Soldiers are viewed as scum and unworthy of belief. Don't forget that they are under martial as well as civil law. If their case is overturned through whatever they will still be done for conduct unbecomming. Either they are stuffed.
  11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck 'im out, the brute !"
    But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
    An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
    But Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool - you bet that Tommy sees !

Cheers Rudyard, you knew some things would never change......
  12. ORC, Wellington could still be considered 'exclusive', depending on one's understanding of that word. In any case, however, it's exclusive enough to exclude troopers.

It was Said who was on his way in when the attack occured.
  13. Oh for God's sake, cut the self pitying xenophobic cr*p........ does it occur to any of you that these could have been some p*ssed up squaddies looking for a fight and a rich looking Arab was just what they wanted?

If they're charged, it will on facts and evidence provided by the same police force and justice system that is fighting the same war on terrorism as the rest of us.

This tone of "our poor boys will be shafted by the Blairite system that hates them and by a public who just doesn't understand us" is nauseating..... f*cking get over it.
  14. in a word.......No