Battle of Crete

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by johno123, Oct 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to talk with anyone who has info regarding the Battle of Crete
    tours.

2. The Brits won, mate. They got one of their number to rise very early and cover all the sun-beds with their towels before the Boxheeds even got up that morning.

Hope this helps.

MsG

• Like Like x 1
  3. There are two special places. There are bookshops and libraries. Use them.

4. He wants info on battlefield tours not the battle itself. Read the post Crabby! Can anyone help?

5. Just wondered if this should have read "I would like to talk with anyone who has info regarding the Battle of Crete tours"

Google is your friend - CLICKY

6. Google ?

7. Looking thoroughly like a complete tit. I hang my head in shame and await any bodily fluids or produce thrown in my direction.

8. Crabby you are twat, now go to the top of the class & jump of. Thank you for the replys, I live here in Crete & I know that there are Battlefield TOURS, I thought that I might get some up to date info from here.

9. Google link no good then? Where abouts on Crete are you - approximately

10. Bit harsh, I recognised my mistake!

A suggestion would be that if your original post had contained slightly more information you may have got more answers along the lines of what you're looking for.

11. Maleme,

Crabby I am a man of few words.

12. Try Nikos A. Kokonas 240 Arkadiou St. 741 00 Rethymnon . Phone (0831) 22.540 . Fax 22.353.

The Military Cemetary in Souda Bay is a good place for information guys that maintain the place always happy to help.

Hope this helps

13. ]

Google link no good then? Where abouts on Crete are you - approximately[/quote]

Maleme,

I was at Plakias for a while

14. Thank you Wheel I will give them a call.

Happy check your PM

15. The Legion's Poppy Travel is taking a tour to Crete in 2009. They also have guides who can help put together a staff ride or battlefield study on the theme. Check out www.Poppytravel.org.uk and if its not up yet call 01622 716 729