Battle of Britain pilots grave has it's tribute stolen.

Hardwick
Stockport
Clumber Park
Bunbury
Carshalton
Sidcup
Evesham

Take your pick.
Thieving b'stards have no respect and will just melt the metal down to make a few quid.

petetheplane

LE
Book Reviewer
A brass Spitfire which has been at the foot of a Battle of Britain pilots grave for a some years has been taken. New Zealander PO Hight was shot down over Bournemouth in 1940 and is buried in the town. It's a sign of the times that nobody is surprised.View attachment 359768View attachment 359769

Plea after memorial Spitfire is taken from hero pilot's grave in Bournemouth

Well, I am. How absolutely disgusting and I sincerely hope that the perpetrator dies in great pain of something disgusting.

Hardwick
Stockport
Clumber Park
Bunbury
Carshalton
Sidcup
Evesham

Take your pick.
Thieving b'stards have no respect and will just melt the metal down to make a few quid.
Quite
Same as the bastards who lifted cast iron road grates off the Falkirk beginning of A9 a month back resulting in a new ambulance ripping it's front suspension off while on a 999 shout while belting along to the Larbert Hospital A&E.
I'm puzzled as to why they thought a few kilos of cast iron was worth it.

Quite
Same as the bastards who lifted cast iron road grates off the Falkirk beginning of A9 a month back resulting in a new ambulance ripping it's front suspension off while on a 999 shout while belting along to the Larbert Hospital A&E.
Beejasus honest to god I’ve no idea
Were there any empty ( thieved) gas cylinders about, and bits of roast hedgehog?
If so then they will have thieved them because simply they could.
Not all but mostly vermin

Quite
Highways Act 1980 c. 66Part IX Damage to highways, streets etc. doesn't seem to be specific enough or punitive enough. Unless I'm missing something, it requires a certain amount of pondering to decide which part applies and a fine of £20 or similar? A few weeks breaking rocks or working in a foundry might be appropriate?

Put simply, it's a quick and simple crime that requires 2 men, 1 van and a crowbar.

Scrap prices
Brass is currently £2.80 per kg
Copper £2.50 - £5 /kg
Bronze £3.50 - £6.00 /kg
Cast iron £0.15 /kg
Steel £1 - £2 /kg

Hence a 10kg plaque will get you £30 from an unscrupulous scrap dealer.
A 30kg cast steel grating £20-£30

The road gratings are easy pickings, truck with a hiab can get 2 tonnes in 20 minutes = £600 - £1,000

Sheer greed from lazy scumbags who give a sh!t about nothing other than making and easy few quid.

Highways Act 1980 c. 66Part IX Damage to highways, streets etc. doesn't seem to be specific enough or punitive enough. Unless I'm missing something, it requires a certain amount of pondering to decide which part applies and a fine of £20 or similar? A few weeks breaking rocks or working in a foundry might be appropriate?
Theft.

Put simply, it's a quick and simple crime that requires 2 men, 1 van and a crowbar.

Scrap prices
Copper £2.50 - £5 /kg
Bronze £3.50 - £6.00 /kg
Cast iron £0.15 /kg
Steel £1 - £2 /kg

The road gratings are easy pickings, truck with a hiab can get 2 tonnes in 20 minutes = £600 - £1,000

Sheer greed from lazy scumbags who give a sh!t about nothing other than making and easy few quid.

The Romanians have form for large scale metal thefts...
Romanian gang jailed after stealing £120,000 of copper cables from remote substations and farms | Daily Mail Online
and here
BBC NEWS | Europe | Copper theft stalls Italy trains
But its always nice to see a bit of poetic justice or the Emperor Mongs law take place...
Romanian electrocuted in copper theft - English

Scrap prices
Copper £2.50 - £5 /kg
Bronze £3.50 - £6.00 /kg
Cast iron £0.15 /kg
Steel £1 - £2 /kg

Some people will always be cnuts.

Have you got the address of this unscrupulous scrap dealer so I can erm... inform the police?

ugly

LE
Battle of Britain pilots grave has it's tribute stolen.

Not really though is it? Surely grammatically corrected it would read: Tribute stolen from BoB war grave!

ugly

LE
Not really what? A grave, a tribute or a theft? Use of different tense. Missing context.
The grave hasn't stolen or arranged to have anything stolen, its an inanimate object!

The grave hasn't stolen or arranged to have anything stolen, its an inanimate object!
And "it's" is short for "it is" or "it has", the possessive is "its".

Latest Threads