Battle of Britain: Model Squadron

A 3-part series starting on C4 at 2000 tonight. From the adverts, looks like it could be a good bit of fun, or incredibly naff.

A 3-part series starting on C4 at 2000 tonight. From the adverts, looks like it could be a good bit of fun, or incredibly naff.
If it is as disappointing as the programme preceding it (about archeology discovered in the drought) it will be the latter. Fingers crossed however.

The mini cockpit cameras bring a whole new element to model flying. I fly drones for work and that is surreal but to get a 'cockpit view where you can look left and right is quite something.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Certainly a lack of femininity about "her". Still, each to their own!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Chermans seem to be the better pilots! :D

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Maybe not after all, three just took a dive!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Actually not a bad programme and I will watch the rest. They may be a bunch of anoraks but they do know their stuff.

I quite enjoyed it - looking forward to the next episode.

Got to love the model Stuka though - wonder who makes them?

I suspect that there are no female modellers of note in the UK but TV producers are so keen to make telly programmes 'inclusive' that they've persuaded some poor bugger to re-assign their gender.

The in-cockpit footage will have been shot on a much larger aircraft I expect. Most of the aircraft were not flown by PoV although some headsets were in evidence.

Infra red activated smoke generators were very effective. Not so much accurate depictions of actual battles as some very good examples of the hazards of close combat at high speed. Lots of damage. Tranny turns out to be an RC fighter ace.

I quite enjoyed it - looking forward to the next episode.

Got to love the model Stuka though - wonder who makes them?
ESM used to make them, and Elite Models (UK) sells 1/6-scale for 38 - 50cc petrol engines or equivalent electric powertrains . Yours for £539.99. For the series, pilots from Germany (a massive model aircraft community) brought Messerschmitts Bf 109 and 110. Also Heinkel 111 and Stuka dive bombers. The idea of course being to pit British and German model pilots against one another.

Infra red activated smoke generators were very effective. Not so much accurate depictions of actual battles as some very good examples of the hazards of close combat at high speed. Lots of damage. Tranny turns out to be an RC fighter ace.
Well , next time we have to send our kids to war I'll be glad they have an RC Fighter ace covering them.