Battle of Arnhem casualty research

Earlier today I was happily engaged in a hearty late breakfast and managing to ignore the sound of SWMBO nattering over the fence to a passing pal when suddenly I realised the words Parachute Regiment and Arnhem had flown through the air and lodged in my brain.

Anyway, it turns out said friend has just discovered the military past of an ancestor which is as follows

6148359 Pte John Edward Booth 11th Bn The Parachute Regiment, killed at Arnhem, buried in the CWGC cemetery Oosterbeek.

I know it is a very well documented battle and I am wondering if there any books or websites that might offer the chance of finding more detail of exactly what happened to him.

This has really sparked my interest as my first introduction to playing bunnies in the long grass was as a very young Tom in 10Para(v) and I jumped at Arnhem on a memorial day back in the 70's.

Thanks in advance

11 PARA war diary for the period is available at Kew:

Sadly, you'll need to make a trek to That London to have a butchers.

Other sources:

QRK2

LE
11 PARA war diary for the period is available at Kew:

Sadly, you'll need to make a trek to That London to have a butchers.
Or use this bloke

Class 66

War Hero
6148359 Pte John Edward Booth completed his Parachute course at Ramat David on course No 58 August 1943. Here is a copy of his initial parachute course nominal roll.......

Attachments

• DSCF1308 copy.jpeg
    DSCF1308 copy.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 24

Class 66

War Hero
There are a few books that describe 11 Btn's fight, so you nevber know - the name might crop up somewhere.

Amazon product
This is an invaluable book on the 11th Bn. There're many group photos with only a few named personnel so if your friend knows what he looks like he may well find a pic of him in it. I have scanned the book this morning, Pte Booth is mentioned twice in nominal rolls, he was KIA 24 sep, so later in the battle. I will check again later i may have missed him elsewhere in the book.

Earlier today I was happily engaged in a hearty late breakfast and managing to ignore the sound of SWMBO nattering over the fence to a passing pal when suddenly I realised the words Parachute Regiment and Arnhem had flown through the air and lodged in my brain.

Anyway, it turns out said friend has just discovered the military past of an ancestor which is as follows

6148359 Pte John Edward Booth 11th Bn The Parachute Regiment, killed at Arnhem, buried in the CWGC cemetery Oosterbeek.

I know it is a very well documented battle and I am wondering if there any books or websites that might offer the chance of finding more detail of exactly what happened to him.

This has really sparked my interest as my first introduction to playing bunnies in the long grass was as a very young Tom in 10Para(v) and I jumped at Arnhem on a memorial day back in the 70's.

Thanks in advance

If it was 1975 - we were on the same drop.
I was in Support Company at that time.