Battery Stable Belts

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by OP_ACK, Oct 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am sure we all remember Battery Stable Belts. I am trying to compile a list of the various colours/designs used (sad I know, but what can I say!).

Wellyhead has provided information regarding O (The Rocket Troop) and a general one for 7 Para RHA.

G (Mercers) are now wearing their old stable belt again.

Any info on the old belts and indeed batteries wearing them now would be appreciated.
    :D

2. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

The colours aren't exact but top to bottom, HQ Bty 5th Regt RA, K (Hondeghem) Bty, P (The Dragon Troop) Bty, Q (SannasPost) Bty.

[​IMG]

3. Would that not make the top one now redundent as Q Bty is HQ 5 Regt ?

I'm taking it that these are pre Options for Change

4. Q Battery always were redundent...........he he he

5. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

Yes, well it was from memory, when the Regiment was still one of the best, prior to getting all the homeless and helpless from 50 Miserable and certainly before it was overrun and became a bl00dy locating regiment!

Anyway, it was the old belts OP ACK wanted, not mergers and fractions.
    I agree about Q, by the way Easymoney. Worst 9 months of my life spent there! Bunch of tw@ts.

6. I know K (Hondeghem) Battery nosedived when I left them on their move to Germany in 1972. Without their battery fitter they were finished. Mind you they spent more time as infantry in NI than as gunners and they were bloody good at it.

7. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

I've been thinking about what you've said and the answer, strictly, is no.

I have lead you astray slightly. The belt at the top was worn by HQ Bty but strictly speaking is the regimental belt. Therefore, since Q & HQ merged (and if stable belts are still being worn) the majority of QHQ will wear the Q Bty one, however those in regimental posts (CO, Adjt, RSM, RQMS etc) ought to be wearing the regimental belt.

I would like to think this has stood the test of time, but I don't suppose it has.

8. N's is the background to their badge [​IMG]

9. Not forgetting of course that 4 Regt wear an almost standard RA stable belt with the yellow wider than normal