Battersea Park Children's Zoo

Buddy!

Old-Salt
For those with kids, down in the world capital (or visiting) it's a great day out! They also offer a military discount which is not advertised online. I also got a heartfelt 'thanks for your service' which, although unnecessary, was nice...

Check it out! :cool:

Does the zoo tell the children these sheep, cows, pigs and chickens are really tasty and that's why we grow them? You should eat them as if we don't eat them, they might become extinct.

Buddy!

Old-Salt
Does the zoo tell the children these sheep, cows, pigs and chickens are really tasty and that's why we grow them? You should eat them as if we don't eat them, they might become extinct.
Nope... But then we didn't really venture to the zoo to see sheep, pigs et al, plenty of those closer to home. 8)

I'm old enough to remember when Battersea Park had a funfair.
Bugger..I'm getting old.

aardvark64

Old-Salt
Shut in the early 1970s?

In similar vein, I remember when Battersea Power Station was still running. The petting zoo moored overhead broke loose as I recall.

D

Deleted 60082

Battersea Park is one London's great parks (and we are spoiled for choice). There is a funfair there on a regular basis; concerts and other events. Great for a gentle jog with the dog (and you can let them off thesre, too).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga The NAAFI Bar 13
Mr_Fingerz The NAAFI Bar 28
Tibbins The Book Club 1

Latest Threads