Batteries for Surefire torches in the UK

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by dropshortjock, Oct 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All, I've got a Surefire torch but have found that a) the batteries run out very quickly and b) they cost a fair bit in the UK (c123 batteries, IIRC).

Does anyone know of a cheap stockist for the right batteries for Surefire that won't cost me a month's salary?

Thanks in advance

DSJ

2. I bought rechargeables and a charger from ebay, got two sets of batteries so I have a spare set charged.

They work perfectly and hold their charge well.

They were about the cost of two sets of duracells so good value.

I also changed the bulb for the LED version and it's even brighter.

3. Ahhhh, that's a good option. Thanks very much!

4. Cow

Cow LE

I've a C2 and have also swapped for a LED bulb (from ebay). They're not as good as the Surefire bulbs but for the saving you can buy a few and more batteries. I'm not sure about using rechargeable batteries, the power supply needs to be pretty good to get max output. If it does work I may be swayed though!

What sort of run time do you get with them?

5. NSN 6135-99-851-1379
    The G1098 SQMS Dept!....freeeeeeeebeeeeeeesssss!!

6. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

You bloody spotter!

All ******* normans should ******* hang........... apart from writing off gizzits

7. Suck me, beautiful! It's only because I have a shite load in my battery box in the cupboard.

8. Or try here:

GP

9. Your best bet is drop the Surefire range unless you got the basic G2 model and turn to a company called Niton999, they stock superb range of lighting equipment including their own range (excellent quality, durability and a fair price too), the one I'm currently using is the L.E II Professional which runs on AAA batteries, lasts for ages and runs on a 7w LED (Hasn't let me down and is a great bit of kit)

Ex Rockape51

10. Sounds great apart from the fact I'm now out...

11. Fixed that for you! ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Try The Photon Shop or Ledfire torches

13. Blobmeister. Blobster. Blobby - can I call you that? Mate. Anywhere near flying clothing? I need to replace my size 9 Gloves, Green, Aviation God, for the use of. Might be a beer-chit in it for you. PM me. Affectionately yours etc.