Battalion of Soldiers fail drug tests

No, service personnel should not do drugs.... but hold the phone, this country's leaders can!

Why should the military be singled out when Keith Vaz was supported by hundreds of Labourites as a victim , ie, 'having his privacy invaded and doing drugs was his lifestyle choice'.

Sack the offenders, whether stood in ranks or sat on benches.

Why? They'd be getting on with their lives just fine until they were classed as criminals and therefore had to hang about with other criminals.
Calm down Sweetums.

By prisons I was referring to those banged up for crimes, not necessarily drug related, but who are a user.

I do wish you wouldn't keep trying to compare drugs with alcohol. It makes you a frightful bore. What next, adrenaline sports?

Various drugs were legal at one point, then we made them illegal. I don't think popping down to the pub for a couple of lines of crack is going to be making a comeback.

Why? They'd be getting on with their lives just fine until they were classed as criminals and therefore had to hang about with other criminals. You'd be the same if you had to go see a dealer if you wanted a 4 pack and a bottle of malt instead of going to Asda for it.
You already are if you live in the sand box

When you're spending more on policing the illegality of something than you would spend on the effects of legalising that something and the only thing stopping you is politics, you're in a jam.

When you actively encourage the sale of a systemic poison at the same time you're in a frankly ludicrous position.

Legalise, legislate to exempt that legalisation for certain groups or self selecting organisations. Make the non users a self selecting group. Job jobbed.
And then kill them. :)

No, just joking but er, there are some disturbing things about drug abuse which has been revealed by recent research and that is that, cannabis for example, long held to be harmless can increase the possibility of mental illness in some people.

And yes I used to smoke. I started when I was about 14. It was the done thing in those days. And after joining the army and buggering off to BAOR, fags and booze were the order of the day. Many years later I had Pneumonia which nearly killed me and as a result I gave up smoking. Which was nice. I do like a tipple too but am now a moderate drinker and would rather have a decent ale or a bottle of good wine or a glass of whisky than ten pints of some god awful crap like Watneys Red Barrell - if it still exists. And yes I did once drink 24 pints of OSH in a day long session at the Slug and Lettuce - but I was younger then. I wouldn't do it now, as there are too many other things in life to concentrate on.

Now TBH I actually don't GAF if people inject themselves with Vim, smoke dope and so on as long as they don't do it around me. I had more than ten years of living with dribbling wreck who had "human rights" to smoke whatever she wanted, at a cost of around 500 quid a month, but guess who had to pay?

Like many dope smokers my ex wife stopped washing and cleaning her teeth, so not only did she stink, but her teeth turned green and brown and the whole house stank of weed. And piss, because she sometimes pissed herself whilst spaced out laying slumped in her chair.

Calm down Sweetums.

By prisons I was referring to those banged up for crimes, not necessarily drug related, but who are a user.

I do wish you wouldn't keep trying to compare drugs with alcohol. It makes you a frightful bore. What next, adrenaline sports?

Various drugs were legal at one point, then we made them illegal. I don't think popping down to the pub for a couple of lines of crack is going to be making a comeback.
The only crack available at the Snake Pit in Hohne was owned by "Socks" and her mate.... Susie I think her name was. Both of them as poisonous as any illicit drug.

No, service personnel should not do drugs.... but hold the phone, this country's leaders can!

Why should the military be singled out when Keith Vaz was supported by hundreds of Labourites as a victim , ie, 'having his privacy invaded and doing drugs was his lifestyle choice'.

Sack the offenders, whether stood in ranks or sat on benches.
Aha, now there's an example of the double standards that are endemic world wide. I mean to begin with, that man Vaz should be sacked just for being a lawyer, let alone an oleaginous stain on humanity.

Again you're too binary, if everyone who takes "drugs" is a loser by that measure everyone who drinks is an alcoholic. Thought not. Real world there's a difference, one is socially acceptable - because reasons.
Have you been drinking? That statement is one of the most illogical I have seen on Arrse, and by 'beck I've see a few.

Alright Cheech, calm down.

Expunge the liberal left giving big licks about 'drugs are cool, and shouldn't be banned' and give it more

drugs effects - Google Search

Then ensure our prison systems (for example) deal robustly with users (no problems in just leaving them shut in a cell for a few months to clean out the system), and deal robustly with dealers.

No need for legalisation that isn't 'trying a new way' that's giving up. Who do you think will take full advantage of that? I'll give you a hint the very folk you seem to think will be damaged by legalisation.

If you want to really work it, rewrite the rules of war and go after the cartels, in a Tom Clancy stylee.
It's not about left or right it's about right and wrong. And you're right, you need to set the strike price at a level that puts cartels out of business. Newsflash, once you stop adulterating drugs with shite that strike price is incredibly reasonable.

The prison system? More costs pursuing a failed policy? Oh go on then. 90% of drugs rehabilitation programmes in England and Wales' prisons have had cuts to their funding. Drugs rehab in prison these days is smack them off their tits on methadone and get them out of the door to become societies problem again. Dead sensible, reinforcing a failed loop.

By setting the strike price so low and by legalising it's use you allow states that it is manufactured in to produce a lucrative cash crop.

There are two genuine side effects to medical grade heroin. You get high and you get constipated. That's it.

Fighting a failed war again? Absolute balls. Its doable, it's too expensive and just moves the problem.

But you keep banging that drum for a failed policy champ.

Apart from dependence... obviously. It's highly addictive even in medical grade purity.

And abscesses if they inject it, and other health risks from injection.

Yeah, apart from all that :roll:
No. Dependence is dependant, if you will, on the person. Some will be addicted, some won't.

As far as abscesses are concerned, they aren't a function of the opiate, that's a function of the shite needles used. Any decent needle exchange programme has eradicated any of those issues if they are used as instructed.

Last edited:
No. Dependence is dependant, if you will, on the person. Some will be addicted, some won't.

As far as absences are concerned, they aren't a function of the opiate, that's a function of the shite needles used. Any decent needle exchange programme has eradicated any of those issues if they are used as instructed.
So this utopia of yours involves hot and cold running drugs AND training in sticks and stick procedures and exchanges?

I was in A&E once. People kept coming in and going in to a room. After a little while they came out clutching white paper bags.

Took me a while to figure out what they were carrying.

Junkie f*cks.

Should have bagged and tagged 'em and put them in the 'cold turkey room'.

So this utopia of yours involves hot and cold running drugs AND training in sticks and stick procedures and exchanges?

I was in A&E once. People kept coming in and going in to a room. After a little while they came out clutching white paper bags.

Took me a while to figure out what they were carrying.

Junkie f*cks.

Should have bagged and tagged 'em and put them in the 'cold turkey room'.
This utopia of mine has worked successfully in many cities in Europe and around the world. The thing that was missing was the legalisation aspect.

KOSB lost 7 from one test in Cyprus iIRC.
I find no surprise in this. They were recruiting heavily from North & South Lanarkshire in the late 90's and using the Cyprus posting as a big pull for recruitment.

I worked in the Glasgow and Lanarkshire area prior to joining up, and there was certainly a very casual attitude to recreational drug use.

Will you be using similar arguments for the amount of sexual crimes that seem to be being commuted by deviants up and down the country?

Better idea.

Stop apologising and supporting this (drug taking) illegal activity in the hope people will think you're right on, trendy and 'down with the kidz'.

Talk to FRANK
Out here they shoot the dealers, and their private armies.
Rather a lot seem to be town and city mayors, senators, senior and middle ranking cops who were into all kinds of other corruption in office.
Does wonders for the neighbourhood when that happens, seriously thins out the local street gangs.
EU Human Rights turned up to read the riot act to the prez, who told them to foxtrot oscar and speak to China, the oil producers, the USA and India about human rights, which they won't of course..

Latest Threads