Battalion Life

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Essex_Viking, Mar 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been looking around to see what i can expect from Battalian life. There isnt alot of Info around on what exactly Battalion life is like.

The recruiter in my local office makes it sound like ill be off doing adventure training etc blah blah. Which of course is Bullsh1te.

I should hopefully be going 1st Battalion Royal Anglian which is currently based in Pirbright but should be moving to Bulford sometime in the next coulple of years.

If anyone has any info on Battalion life or a link to a previous thread that would be great thanks.
  2. You could be:

- On exercise
    - Preparing for Ops
    - Recovering from Ops
    - Refreshing personal skills
    - Adventure training (it does happen)
    - Sport
    - Maintaining equipment (weapons, vehicles)

If your Bn is winding up towards an op there will be a whole host of preparatory exercises to complete, personal skills to learn and be tested on (weapons, first aid, CRBN [was NBC], map reading, etc), major build up exercises, leave to squash in. You then do specific training for the Op. you then go on an Op, you then return, have leave, swing into a training goes on.

You may find yourself bored at times, but these days, Bns/Regiments etc tend to be pretty busy, so you shouldn't find yourself with nothing to do for too long.