Battalion CO Injured

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Jun 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My kind of leader out front with the troops. Prayers for a speedy recovery LTC Richmond.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/frontline/2124720/Lieutenant-Colonel-shot-by-Taliban-is-most-senior-Afghanistan-casualty.html

2. I hope he has a rapid recovery, if he is anything like the Jocks that I served with it's just going to make him more angry.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well done for getting stuck in that man! I hope your recovery is swift.

4. A Leader to look up to.

I hope you are watching LIEbour and all our so called leaders. I hope you hang your heads in shame.

On a posative note I wish you a speady recovery Sir.

5. I wish you a full and speedy recovery from your injuries, Sir.

6. I never thought I'd find myself wanting to buy a woopert a pint, but he's changed that. 8O

Nice one and speedy recovery, Sir. :salut:

7. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Not realy a nice one (he is one of our guys after all) but good job getting stuck in.

8. That's a CO for you, lead by example. Get well soon

9. Have they worked out the calibre yet :)

10. :D Naughty but very very funny!

11. His CR will read, "Must learn to zig zag"

12. More than one Battalion of 'em. IIRC, Dave was originally RHF - they're out there too!

13. Here's to a quick recovery!

Now I bet he'll get rapped on the knucked by the MOD, like the SF CO for being on the front line.... in my opinion, he's leading by example and an inspiration to his men. Pints up.

14. Hear hear to all the above!
    We need more, not fewer, officers who are willing to lead from the front!

15. Well, he shouldn't get rapped. Tootal did the same in Afghan with 3 PARA and was awarded the DSO