BATSUB and other jungle/tracking related training

To answer your questions:

All jungle training is done in Brunei now? I believe so, there may be a couple of courses left to run in Belize before it closes.

- How is it with tracking in British army? Is it required, let´s say, to have one qualified guy per platoon or something like that?

In theory one per sub-unit. In practice possibly one per regiment.

Do you guys actually conduct some follow-up ops in A-stan? (Maybe it´s considered OPSEC, maybe not, I respect that)

There is some pre-deployment training in respect of ground signs awareness focussed on identifying IEDs.

- Does some British manual exist about tracking? Is it restricted?

Yes and yes.

Anybody could spare a copy of Pam 6 - Military Tracking??

No. If you require a copy for official purposes the Czech military may be able to get a copy on your behalf by contacting IDT(A).

To answer your questions:

All jungle training is done in Brunei now? I believe so, there may be a couple of courses left to run in Belize before it closes.

- How is it with tracking in British army? Is it required, let´s say, to have one qualified guy per platoon or something like that?

In theory one per sub-unit. In practice possibly one per regiment.

Do you guys actually conduct some follow-up ops in A-stan? (Maybe it´s considered OPSEC, maybe not, I respect that)

There is some pre-deployment training in respect of ground signs awareness focussed on identifying IEDs.

- Does some British manual exist about tracking? Is it restricted?

Yes and yes.

Anybody could spare a copy of Pam 6 - Military Tracking??

No. If you require a copy for official purposes the Czech military may be able to get a copy on your behalf by contacting IDT(A).
Thanks mate... I will try to ask some british instructors working in Vyškov as a BMATT staff. What´s IDT??

International Defence Training (Army). The branch of the British Army which deals with loading personnel from foreign armed forces onto British Army courses.

I smell Craig Colclough. Don't tell him Pike!

Haha. Nothing in my post that hasn't been covered in soldier in the past few months or isn't already published at mod.uk.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Weapons, Equipment & Rations 4
Line_Grunt The Intelligence Cell 24
W The Intelligence Cell 2