Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Black_Rain, Jun 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What are the benefits of studying BATLS/BARTS.
  2. Saturday night in Emmas :D
  3. not a bad course. if you've done civvie ALS or ATLS its much the same cept green.
  4. Except it means absolutely F**K All in Civ Div. Along with any other training I had as a CMT.

Not bitter mind!!.

If you are a CMT do yourself a favour and get on as many IT courses as you can, as it will save you on resettlement costs and it pays in the land of milk and honey!!!!.
  5. Stan did you try to get accreditation of prior learning (APAL) for BARTS, if you take it complete with syllabus you can get some accreditation with it not always what you may expect but it is better than none, speak to HSE as they can be helpful if you speak to them nicely.
  6. Im a CMT 1 but I was just wondering whether I should do said courses. Any alternatives.
  7. Thanks for the advice, I did mine in 98 so well out of date by now, not sure about the APAL part but any further info I would welcome.
  8. If you get the chance Black Rain, I would do the course but if you want something that will help civvie side, thinking of the future... ALS. You would probably have some difficulty with funding and if you self fund it'll cost you about £300. So do batls.x
  9. Will do.
  10. Just re-qualed BATLS/BARTS, excellent course.
    Although at the moment has now place in civ div it might in the future as a cross over to ATLS.
    A good course to do if you can get on it is the MIMMS course. If you do the Mil. version, it is the exact same and is recognised in civ div.
    BATLS/BARTS is a good course dont knock it