Batley & Spen by-election 1st July 2021

What of Sadiq (Son of a Bus Driver) Khan?
No appeal outside m25 and a few musulman ghettos. I am choosing my words most carefully. It will be interesting to see how Labour's Scottish Muslim leader fares with the few remaining Labour voters North of the border

Last edited:

Boxer96

Old-Salt
For clarity - it would be Australia vs Palestine.

British national team didn't feature, it was indeed the Australians.

Interesting though. No informative because of inaccuracies. Take 100 lines, in a language of your choice.
I stand corrected: Here are my lines, sir. ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Although if she was standing in a London seat like Islington, Hollaway or Hampstead, or a university town, her bean flicking preferences would be given centre stage.
Christ almighty - didn't realise they encouraged that in public. Must pay a visit, purely for research purposes....

philc

LE
Embracing those cuddly Muslim's is now turning awkward for Labour.

Galloway has said the bloke has nothing to do with him and isn't from the area.

philc

LE
If George is having to drag answers from Labour, they're doomed. He points out the labour stupidity.

Labour will die on the issues of Palestine & Transgender, its been repeated here and around similar forums, facebook, twitter, what ever. What a hill to die on.

According to twatter, Leadbeater was "chased and harrassed" at a campaign rally today. By what is described as an "anti LGBT protestor"

philc

LE
According to twatter, Leadbeater was "chased and harrassed" at a campaign rally today. By what is described as an "anti LGBT protestor"

Yet Labour supporters celebrated the fact that Farage was chased and harassed, comedians even suggest acid should be thrown in his face, what jolly japes.

Yet Labour supporters celebrated the fact that Farage was chased and harassed, comedians even suggest acid should be thrown in his face, what jolly japes.
there are folk in the constituency who would assuredly throw acid at ms leadbeater. It is after all a tradition in parts of pakistan

What a hill to die on.

I always liked this meme, and it does sum up Labour of late:
ZJJdkU1.jpeg

Chef

LE

That's just funny, seeing someone step out of the echo chamber and actually face the reality of Muslim beliefs, not extremists, just people bothered enough to turn up.

Lots of labour types saying in amazement,

'That'd never happen in Islington, that nice Mr Khan is a Muslim and he's ok with LGBT stuff and his dad was a bus driver so he's practically working class himself! What's wrong with those people?'

The bottom line AFAIC...
I can understand the funnies that have been given but this is actually seriously nasty and I sympathize with Leadbeater - not only does she live in this community but she IS from this community - and now? She's not acceptable to a parts of it, not necessarily a marked woman but I'll bet anyone about the following.
1) She'll lose - badly - even with sympathy votes.
2) Labour will abandon her and forget all about Batley and Spen.
They'lll take absolutely no responsibility for throwing her into this on the St Jo of Cox bandwagon and then leaving her to live in whatever aftermath while they go back to their imagined idealism rather than the actual reality for her and whatever messages this carries for the future.
3) Labour will carry on regardless rather than re-evaluate this situation.
4) Somebody else, hopefully Conservative, will win - although I have to say, Jayda et al would do better leaving rather than diluting or splitting the vote.

But frankly, I feel really sorry for Kim Leadbeater, I don't doubt she means well, thought she was trying (too hard probably due to current Labour mentality) to appeal to the Asian community and it's backfired big style.

And Labour will walk away - it's just a funny little northern backwater. Imagine the contrast with the noise they'd make if they won?
(Having said all this, haven't heard any reports on the Cons campaign - are they expecting a 'Quiet Conservatives' vote?)

The bottom line AFAIC...
I can understand the funnies that have been given but this is actually seriously nasty and I sympathize with Leadbeater - not only does she live in this community but she IS from this community - and now? She's not acceptable to a parts of it, not necessarily a marked woman but I'll bet anyone about the following.
1) She'll lose - badly - even with sympathy votes.
2) Labour will abandon her and forget all about Batley and Spen.
They'lll take absolutely no responsibility for throwing her into this on the St Jo of Cox bandwagon and then leaving her to live in whatever aftermath while they go back to their imagined idealism rather than the actual reality for her and whatever messages this carries for the future.
3) Labour will carry on regardless rather than re-evaluate this situation.
4) Somebody else, hopefully Conservative, will win - although I have to say, Jayda et al would do better leaving rather than diluting or splitting the vote.

But frankly, I feel really sorry for Kim Leadbeater, I don't doubt she means well, thought she was trying (too hard probably due to current Labour mentality) to appeal to the Asian community and it's backfired big style.

And Labour will walk away - it's just a funny little northern backwater. Imagine the contrast with the noise they'd make if they won?
(Having said all this, haven't heard any reports on the Cons campaign - are they expecting a 'Quiet Conservatives' vote?)
Whilst I largely agree, I think you “credit” her with a level of naivety that is undeserved. She’s not that stupid and was more than happy to hang on her sister’s coat tails in the early days of the campaign and would no doubt have spent a lot of time referencing back to the death of her sister at the hands of a right wing nutter as well as vigorously condemning anyone that called her out on it, staunchly supported by the out of area Labour apparatchiks in particular.

That the campaign has now unearthed the equally unpleasant B Side of pretty much every woke -ism in the book which had previously been, and largely remains necessarily ignored* by those same apparatchiks is, imho a fitting opportunity to spotlight the whole fallacy of the bile spewed by all the usual suspects.

Sympathy? You’ll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphillis. If you play nasty games by nasty rules, expect it to get nasty.

*the problem with dogma, facts get in the way so need to be ignored. Then they become unignorable and dogma is revealed as what it generally is, unsupportable and fallacious.

Galloway has said the bloke has nothing to do with him and isn't from the area.
Galloway's a **** of the highest order and he's like the SNP in that respect. Foments action from "activist" eejits then denies all connection, asking for better online/public behaviour after the fact and bemoaning the very small minority. Which is bollocks, our British eejits are the best in the world and are far from a minority. SNP and Muslamic eejits being world class cnuts.

He's followed by muslamic types because of his past actions - see Saddam for instance.

Galloway's a **** of the highest order and he's like the SNP in that respect. Foments action from "activist" eejits then denies all connection, asking for better online/public behaviour after the fact and bemoaning the very small minority. Which is bollocks, our British eejits are the best in the world and are far from a minority. SNP and Muslamic eejits being world class cnuts.

He's followed by muslamic types because of his past actions - see Saddam for instance.
Galloway may well be a cock but it’s worth remembering that:

a) he hasn’t changed his tune every 5 minutes to suit the prevailing mood
b) he was hoofed from the Labour party in 2003 so he‘s got some staying power for a free range radical
c) he was hoofed “for bringing the party into disrepute” for actions that would be considered mainstream or possibly even moderate Labour behaviour today (calling for troops to disobey orders being one)
d) he has once again shown up Labour’s woeful* attempts to be all things to all, er, persons as a ticket to pissing everyone off

* I was going to say “pitiful” but I’m all out of pity for the Travelling Circus

Latest Threads