Batley & Spen by-election 1st July 2021

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Found it - thanks for the pointer

The replies are great - particularly like the Horatio Kurt response to Raymondo - someone who is presumably in favour of inclusiveness and not stigmatising disability:

View attachment 579566

Also rather liked the simple cut and paste of the Labour Party selection criteria; brief, incisive and to the point:

View attachment 579567
I'm sure the Electoral Commission will be all over this. . . Any time now. . .

I believe they are responsible for not only spending etc but candidate selection/eligibility, could be wrong.
Selection / eligibility is none of their business at party level surely? Presumably there are national i.e. legal criteria that need to be met that they’d be concerned with but I can’t see Leadbeater falling foul of that.

Sympathy votes don’t tend to go so well either. When Gwyneth Dunwoody died her daughter tried that and succeeded in turning a healthy Labour majority in Crewe & Nantwich into a solid Conservative one. It was seen at the time as the beginning of the end for TC Brown.

C&N had been Labour since forever. She didn’t even make the shortlist next time around when the Tory increased his majority. Then there was a brief flirtation with fuckwittery in Corbyn GE v1.0 when we got Laura Smith who even Corbyn told to shut up when her single contribution to democracy was to call for a General Strike in The Commons. Common sense returned and she got hoofed at Corbyn GE v2.0.

Well.. i'm hoping Anne Marie Waters supported by Tommeh wins...

or Jayda Fransen because her tits....

Hippohunter

War Hero
Only recently found out that 5he name of the constituency is “Bately and Spen” and NOT “Bately and Spen Jo Cox”.
I put this down to the MP Tracy Braben that could never mention Bately and Spen without shoving Jo Cox seconds later.

Mr_Baiter

War Hero
Just seen an old boy interviewed on the 10 o'clock news - recently convert from Labour to conservatives. It was a piece about the by election.

His reason for switching:
"Tories listen to what your aspirations are, Labour tell you what your aspirations are."

And that puts it all in a nutshell.

From the pro-Israeli comments I've seen on Twatter from Indians, Galloway might be barking up the wrong tree there.

Just seen an old boy interviewed on the 10 o'clock news - recently convert from Labour to conservatives. It was a piece about the by election.

His reason for switching:
"Tories listen to what your aspirations are, Labour tell you what your aspirations are."

And that puts it all in a nutshell.
I saw that, and thought "blimey, how did he sneak through the BBC filter?"

Nice to see Labour focused on the burning issues for its constituents. What the hell is their problem?
There were some interesting follow-on tweets:
Screenshot_20210614-104428~2.png
Screenshot_20210614-104508~2.png

Good... Cracking Tits Fransen has got a chance then...

I'm not in Batley and Spen but I have to say Frantsen et al would achieve more by staying away IMO.
The knob that started all this gained nothing - absolutely nothing, by murdering Jo Cox other than his prison sentence.

Batley and Spen had the highest %age of Brexit leavers in W. Yorks. She'd probably be an ex MP by now and her kids would have their mother.