• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bathroom extractor fan

Dear All,

I need an extractor fan for a bathroom in a house I am refurbishing. I am after one which has electric opening and closing vents, rather than just a louvre.

Can anyone make a recommendation?

m-s-r

I've fitted several Manrose and Vent Axia fans in the past and had no bad feedback from them, haven't seen any with electric shutters though, never been asked for or needed.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I've fitted the fancy shutter type in kitchens and bathrooms they work pretty well vented ceiling or wall and wired into the switch. can't remember if they did a humidity one. they weren't electric shutters but a fancy piston brake to stop them from clacking open and closed.

most bathroom fans you can have open vents at either end but can stick a butterfly in the pipe to stop blowback or howling. not sure about the one picketdriver put up as it looks a bit cheap and has to go mid pipe.

Dear All,

I need an extractor fan for a bathroom in a house I am refurbishing. I am after one which has electric opening and closing vents, rather than just a louvre.

Can anyone make a recommendation?

m-s-r
As the chap above said, use COULD use a backdraft damper, but these work best (sometimes only) with inline or centrifugal fans.

You could check out these bathroom extractor fans, as they have an auto shutter.

Or these? They have an inbuilt backdraft shutter.

Momandaroman

Latest Threads