Bath beer festival

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by wompingwillow, Aug 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. weekend of the 19th/20th of october

anyone intrested in coming please sign up below:

2. Hiya Womps, sounds a plan to me.....

3. Willow...i sincerely hope my name's already on that list as i have been practising singing wurzels songs specially! :D

4. It's a friday/saturday, which day or is it both days?

5. ok let make it please sign up below with prefered day

wompingwillow : 19th firday
    Ukdaytona :
    Kes :

6. Arkells Brewery Swindon Beer Festival & Brewery Tour
    http://www.swindonweb.com/arkells/news/news027.htm

More than 30 Breweries from across the UK have promised some of their best brews to Arkell's on 8th September as the brewery gears up for its 2007 Beer Festival.

And beers aren't the only things on show this year. A vintage Rolls Royce, Bentley, motorcycles and live music are some of the other attractions promised, as well as a beautiful 1943 Austin K4 60-foot Fire Appliance.

The festival, on Saturday 8th September, will feature all Arkell's regular beers as well as guest beers from many members of the Independent Family Brewers of Britain (IFBB), and a number of other breweries.

Visitors to the beer festival will also have the unique opportunity to tour around the Kingsdown brewery itself, one of the finest examples of a Victorian steam brewery anywhere in the world; discover how the brewery works and how real ale is made.

Bookings for Brewery tours are now being taken, but must be pre-booked to reserve your space. Contact Arkell's Brewery directly on 01793 823026. The brewery grounds will also be open so visitors can tour around at their leisure and follow a specially laid out brewery walk.

James Arkell, managing director of Arkell's Brewery, said: "The Arkell's Beer Festival is a celebration of one of the oldest industries in Britain and certainly the oldest in Swindon. This is part of our country's heritage, of which we and our fellow brewers are very proud."

Festival details:

The Arkells' Beer Festival runs from 11:00am - 6.30pm on Saturday, 08 September 2007.

Entry costs £5, which includes a special commemorative glass.

Brewery tours must be pre-booked and cost £3 per person. To book, please call: 01793 823026.
    Pre-payment is required.

7. either date is fine for me, just hand me a pint and point me in the direction of the wurzels.....

:D

8. Ohhhh yes!!! Sounds like a larf!!! Put me down for it!

9. Should be able to make both days, just checking on availability of leave. 2 days on the lash in Bath, whoo-hoo. Oooharrrr, my loverrrrr!

Al sorted off 19 - 21 Oct, 2 days of beer fuelled fun coming up.

10. Has a decision been made as to which day we are going to the beer fest yet????

11. Both days? :D

12. Good luck trying to get people to go on the 20th which is Rugby World Cup final day.

13. ah i'm sure we'll find a pub showing the game

14. I'll try to make it, won't put my name as a definite though.

15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It's OK Matelot mate, as England won't be in the final (semis even), then there won't be a lot of TV interest in the game. Probably stuck on ITV 4 (highlights) 2 am!!!!!!!!

That is obviously not factual - the schedules have been set ( re-runs of Dallas anyone?) :crash:

A-Y