Bastille Day

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
happy Bastille Day Frogs

A bas les aristos! Au dessus- La plage !

Macron booed at Bastille Day celebrations

Bastille Day erupts: Riot police drag protesters away as they heckle Macron during parade

Macron looks a bit lost around the military TBH

French CGS to aide: << who's the tallest General Officer on the list? >>
<< That would be General Boulanger Sir>>
<< Tell him he's got the Duty >>
<< Um....it's his daughter's wedding - he's on leave mon General>>
<< Tant pis >.

( Oh...and happy 35th anniversary Dona Cabra )

Last edited:
All those rifles dropped in unison......

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Are you American ? That might explain it.

Are you American ? That might explain it.
I have been insulted in many ways in long and dubious life, but never that badly....

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Cheese eating surrendering monkeys
Bit behind the times, there, A couple of new presidents since then and they've gone to "our oldest ally" and "an outstanding relationship between our two countries".

Mind you, the current one, as well as praising the relationship between the two countries, also said they make good wine but fight lousy wars.

Thanks @Goatman. It was a cracking parade today highlighting military innovation with a touching tribute to the wounded at the end. The French appreciate their military and the sacrifice from the ongoing OPEX.

I spent the afternoon at a very crowded Esplanade des Invalides with tons of military kit on display. The new Warriors, drones and all sorts of techie stuff. Great opportunity for kids to clamber on tanks, sit in a helicopter or plane.

I also joined the annual long queue to donate blood for the military inside Les Invalides. Du sang donné pour le sang versé (blood given for blood spilt).

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
BZ FMOP

I'm sure the Legion were at their sonorous best?

I was always quite impressed that the Paris Metro had seats that said ( back in the day):

<< Reservé pour les mutilées de la Guerre >>

...and God help any sale type who sat there professing ignorance.

Do they still ?

I have been insulted in many ways in long and dubious life, but never that badly....
No insult intended mon vieille moustache....just I think we need to move on from the crapulous Simpsons tags.

Mate it could have been worse...I could've said ' Oh bloody sais is it ?' :-D

Last edited:
Saes, Sunbeam, Saes, as in Saesneg for Saxon, or the later derivatives.....

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
See? Knew you'd know....

PS can I book your lawn for next year's Ukulele Festival of Wales ?
( The buses from Sketty are rubbish on a weekend :) )

Seems not all les paysants were happy.

'French police fired tear gas at protesters during a tense standoff in central Paris on Sunday in the aftermath of the annual Bastille Day military parade on the Champs-Elysees, AFP reporters said. Officers attempted to disperse dozens of protesters, who chanted anti-government slogans, knocked down security barriers erected for the parade and set fire to refuse bins.'

Paris burns again

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yeah, as heavily pushed by ,amongst others, Russia Today. See my OP link above.

here y'go :

Last edited: