Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cagedsteel, Dec 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. whats it like?
  2. It's a big fenced off thingy with lots of shouty men and bangy guns just outside Cambridge.
  3. It's actually near Sandy, but you won't want to go near him, he's nasty.
  4. They steal batteries there.

5. And apparently 3000 of them can't wait to get out!

I took a walk around there two weeks ago, going down memory lane. The only thing I saw of interest was a Para officer on a bike with a basket looking lost!
  6. i go there in january was just curious
  7. Caged, you'll be fine. Everyone worries about it, for no particular reason. The thing that helps is that out of your platoon/troop everyone is in the same boat........lost.

Good luck.

[edited cause me is a spellung god/and my spule cheker is talking to the dog!]
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Had he lost his picnic?
  9. thanks maka are you there or obv been?
  10. Yes, I was there when 'men were men, and sheep were scared!' (1999 - 2000)

Just bear in mind that this is the place to learn, when you move onto ITC/RSME/SEME/Blandford these are the places where it gets tough.

Got alot of mates who have gone on, in time, to instruct at Bassingborne (who are still there) and they're not interested in making your life anymore difficult than it has to be. Why? Because if your life is difficult, then their's is ten times more!

Take it all with a pinch of salt, and you'll have no problems.

(God I hate Dale's keyboard!)

[Edited, for the same reasons as above]
  11. thanks for your advice mate :)
  12. Its an old WW2 airfield that the army took over some years ago for Phase 1 recruit training...... Its not too far from IWM Duxford....
  13. yeah i heard they filmed parts of a film there didnt they?
  14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Yup. The Battle of Britain amongst others.