• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Bassingbourn 1993

Was there from june - Sept 93, (charlie troop).

scottishcammy said:
Do you remember Cpl Darlington, or Cpl Sorley from the permanent staff? There was also a tall blonde Cpl with a moustache (can't remember his name, but he was from Sunderland).
Neil Sorley? I know him.

He is out now.

Dont know what he is up to, lost contact about 5 years ago.

He was an ED, good bloke.

heidtheba said:
scottishcammy said:
Do you remember Cpl Darlington, or Cpl Sorley from the permanent staff? There was also a tall blonde Cpl with a moustache (can't remember his name, but he was from Sunderland).
Neil Sorley? I know him.
The Sorley i know had the initial "G" and was there at the time, a short ersed weegie RTG who just happens to be one o my bezzers. :D

scottishcammy said:
Er, because I knew him....
No you didn´t, he was a big part of your life and he taught you to be a soldier but he wasn´t known to you or were you "chums".

Fcuk it, DRIVE on!

I was there for the summer of '93.

Alpha tp...had those bloody awful yellow sweatshirts. We had the Sorley you mentioned as one of our DS...great guy.

scottishcammy said:
I am not going to mention his name on this site but he is now in the RAF Regt, he is one of my mates, the others mentioned are now both civvies as well after completing their time.