BASRA TOURIST BOARD!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by batfink, Jun 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. JUST FOUND AN ITEM ON THE BBC NEWS WEBSITE APPARENTLY THE IRAQIS ARE TRYING TO ATTRACT TOURISTS TO BASRA BY ADVERTISING NICE FRIENDLY HOTELS, BEAUTIFUL BEACHES AND THE BIGGEST MARSH IN IRAQ. 8O . THEY STATE THAT THERE IS NO TROUBLE IN BASRA 8O 8O .
    ANYONE KNOW WHAT PLANET THESE CHARACTERS ARE OCCUPYING AT THE MOMENT??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/3840401.stm

2. Awwwwwwww God Bless them

As long as there is entrepreurial spirit, there is hope :D

3. They have to try and use any asset that they have. If they get tourists then all well and good. I however won't be one of them :roll:

4. Didn't think much of the airport! Needs a few shop's and bar's before i'd be tempted. One good point the food was good!!!!

5. I am the Basrah Tourist Board.

6. Tourists mean lots more highly paid jobs for guides/security.

Thinkin of starting an open top warrior tour service? :twisted:

7. copyright me, but club 18 30 basra anyone?
    dont forget you saw it here first, unlike me who saw the ex on club reps.....and was thankfull for the divorce courts :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Swing a lamp,

i remember Sarajevo under the UN and occasionally an unmarked wheeled APC could be spotted crusing sniper alley etc. On board was tourists, Japs mainly who wanted to see a war zone.

Bit odd eh?

9. sounds a bit like the area i live in now! 8O

10. Try to take off your capslock. But with the point, there was a documentary-report thing on Radio4 yesterday about it. Some time between nine and eleven i think, i'vee ben drunk since then so don't quote me on the timings.

It was good to see though, they've a little office with some staff and some cheerfully optimistic ideas. Something along the lines of 'The area is steeped in history, ok most of it was looted, but the ground is still here.'

I'm not sure i'll book quite yet though..

11. OHHHH saucer of milk for table 2. Mind you, your knowledge of correct capitalisation and spelling leaves much to be desired :p

Pot calling kettle!

12. Oh I can just see it now

"Ok , and as we leave the coach,don't forget to tip the driver, please take all your rubbish with you, and cover your arcs"