Basra Stabilizing?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Chief_Joseph, Jun 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

I just can't shake my cynical feeling of propaganda considering the current events in the presidential race.

Sorry - I would love to think we, the Coalition, have done the job - but we haven't.

2. That definitely came to mind, and I'm to cynical to put that out of mind completely, but some details would have likely been omitted if it was propaganda

3. It's not propaganda, just a quirk of history. Before his second go at the Presidency, Abe Lincoln was a dead duck. The Civil War had gone on for three years and looked like never ending, and the democrats were running on a peace ticket. Then all of a sudden, the war was won, and Lincoln was re-elected.

4. Your parallels are lost on me. I'm not convinced that, 'the war is won', and anyway, Bush is timed out, isn't he?

5. My parallel is that amazing unlikely turn arounds do have a habbit of happening that can't be blamed on propaganda. A year ago McCain's stance on Iraq was about as popular as a skunk with Aids. Now all of a sudden it seem history may prove him right.