ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Basra Sniper

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by bigjarofwasps, Mar 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This sniper currently operating in Basra is a little concerning isn`t it. Is it know what type of rifle he`s using?

2. Yes, it is.

3. Thats why we have snipers too.

4. I have heard rumours he is using a "sniper" rifle.

5. Kingsman Alexander Green, from 2nd Battalion The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment, died after being shot by small arms fire whilst on a task in the Hayy Al Muhandisn District of Basra City.

Rifleman Daniel Coffey of the 2nd Battalion The Rifles - formerly 1st Battalion Royal Green Jackets - died in hospital on 28 February, a day after being injured in an attack in Basra.

And two others are reported to have been wounded by it!

6. Am I right in thinking the Dragnov is the weapon of choice? This has pangs of the old Armagh sniper, but I`m sure he used a Barratt.

7. Hmm could be using a sling shot with ball bearings, cheey little fellow...

8. well if its a bolt action then dragnov is out.

9. Is there nothing in the news?

How has it pangs of the old Armagh sniper? In that there is a sniper shooting British soldiers? It has pangs of the German snipers on the Somme FFS!

10. There is an article on the BBC News website, that I was reading yesterday, but I can be buggered if I can find it again, to supply you with a link...sorry!!!!

Given the evidence, I don`t think it`ll be a Dragnov, its a handy bit of kit, and given that two have been wounded and not killed, I imagine that its some sort of old system rifle, either that or the sniper is just crap!!!! But having said that I`m sure theres no shortage of Dragnovs kicking about over there.

11. heh heh standby...

12. Wasn`t on the Somme so couldn`t comment?

13. Well I spose its time for all residents of Basra to turn in all said sniper rifles with all due haste, and we call in scottland yard, to find a "sniper".

14. Jonesy, Im glad that you find the situation amusing....

Cunt

15. Got to agree its our lads dying NOT a laughing matter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.