Basra Sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sniper currently operating in Basra is a little concerning isn`t it. Is it know what type of rifle he`s using?

I have heard rumours he is using a "sniper" rifle.

Kingsman Alexander Green, from 2nd Battalion The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment, died after being shot by small arms fire whilst on a task in the Hayy Al Muhandisn District of Basra City.

Rifleman Daniel Coffey of the 2nd Battalion The Rifles - formerly 1st Battalion Royal Green Jackets - died in hospital on 28 February, a day after being injured in an attack in Basra.

And two others are reported to have been wounded by it!

chocolate_frog said:
I have heard rumours he is using a "sniper" rifle. This is generally a bolt action rifle, fitted with a telescopic sight and of larger calibres, 7.62mm +. Often fitted with bi-pods or a tripod of poles maybe used.

Am I right in thinking the Dragnov is the weapon of choice? This has pangs of the old Armagh sniper, but I`m sure he used a Barratt.

Is there nothing in the news?

How has it pangs of the old Armagh sniper? In that there is a sniper shooting British soldiers? It has pangs of the German snipers on the Somme FFS!

There is an article on the BBC News website, that I was reading yesterday, but I can be buggered if I can find it again, to supply you with a link...sorry!!!!

Given the evidence, I don`t think it`ll be a Dragnov, its a handy bit of kit, and given that two have been wounded and not killed, I imagine that its some sort of old system rifle, either that or the sniper is just crap!!!! But having said that I`m sure theres no shortage of Dragnovs kicking about over there.

LJONESY said:
Hmm could be using a sling shot with ball bearings, cheey little fellow...

heh heh standby...

chocolate_frog said:
Is there nothing in the news?

How has it pangs of the old Armagh sniper? In that there is a sniper shooting British soldiers? It has pangs of the German snipers on the Somme FFS!

Wasn`t on the Somme so couldn`t comment?

Well I spose its time for all residents of Basra to turn in all said sniper rifles with all due haste, and we call in scottland yard, to find a "sniper".

Maybe this is "Juma" moving around a bit?

MsG

Did they ever catch that one at Deepcut? Could the two be linked?

Just to remind you fcuking muppets who think this is a joke,that we have relatives of some of those killed coming on this site and they do not need to read this sh1te on here.Get a grip of yourselves and have some fcuking respect

Status
Not open for further replies.