Basic

Done my formal interview should have adsc in a month. Just been thinking about the things allowed on basic at itc catterick. Would I be allowed to bring my penknife?

Regards

Andy

Z

Zarathustra

you'll probably have a pocket knife on your exercise packing list at some stage. I wouldn't recomend taking an expensive leatherman or the like, but if it's a cheapish one then just leave in you bag/civi locker or whatever you have until you need it

ironeye said:
Done my formal interview should have adsc in a month. Just been thinking about the things allowed on basic at itc catterick. Would I be allowed to bring my penknife?

Regards

Andy
Concentrate on passing ADSC and getting through to ITC, then you will recieve a packing list of what to bring. At this stage after your formal interview i wouldnt be concentrating on a penknife.........

ironeye said:

Thats the one i have, cost £25 from becketts in norwich. Lovely knife. ALways keep it on me :)
FFS I knew Norfolk was rough...

Please let me be wrong about which unit you're joining :cry:

Frankly that is bizarre 8O

You havent even done RSC/ACDC or whatever they're calling it today and your greatest concern is....

Can I bring my knife?

To clear up, this is a quote from the ITC kit list "Small penknife with a blade no more than three inches (PRI)"

Although there are more pressing issues you need to deal with before worrying about something as insignificant as a knife.

What unit do you intend to join?

ironeye said:

Thats the one i have, cost £25 from becketts in norwich. Lovely knife. ALways keep it on me :)
Right mate, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. At the expense of receiving a rather large WAH, I am going to say this. That clearly looks to me like a lock knife. That is an offensive weapon Carry it on you all the time, and chances are you will be stopped by the police (yes yes, I'm a bobby) and you wil be arrested, particularly at the moment with knife related murders seemingly ten a penny. You would have a lot of explaining to do, not only in interview, but allso to the RMP, and ultimately your CO

Why do you think the army say you can carry a folding pen knife with a blade less than 3"? Because that is legal - your weapon is not.

Now get yourself away, and concentrate on being a soldier. Not Tarzan. That said, good luck in the mob :D

Fcuk me, is Ross Kemp on commission???

Best of luck and all that, but PLEASE find some kind of sense of proportion/priority before a L/Cpl is forced to do it for you.

angular said:
Fcuk me, is Ross Kemp on commission???

Best of luck and all that, but PLEASE find some kind of sense of proportion/priority before a L/Cpl is forced to do it for you.
I decided to join before that series aired 8) also this was just a small question on my mind. I'm fully aware of more important things to come. I was just a thought as I'm waiting a month until selection and don't have a job so every question comes into my head :D

Detonator said:
Frankly that is bizarre 8O

You havent even done RSC/ACDC or whatever they're calling it today and your greatest concern is....

Can I bring my knife?
He's just excited. 8)

Am in the same pos. waiting for my ADSC. :|