Basic

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by ironeye, Apr 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Done my formal interview should have adsc in a month. Just been thinking about the things allowed on basic at itc catterick. Would I be allowed to bring my penknife?

Regards

Andy

2. you'll probably have a pocket knife on your exercise packing list at some stage. I wouldn't recomend taking an expensive leatherman or the like, but if it's a cheapish one then just leave in you bag/civi locker or whatever you have until you need it

3. Concentrate on passing ADSC and getting through to ITC, then you will recieve a packing list of what to bring. At this stage after your formal interview i wouldnt be concentrating on a penknife.........

4. [​IMG]

Thats the one i have, cost £25 from becketts in norwich. Lovely knife. ALways keep it on me :)

5. FFS I knew Norfolk was rough...

Please let me be wrong about which unit you're joining :cry:

6. Frankly that is bizarre 8O

You havent even done RSC/ACDC or whatever they're calling it today and your greatest concern is....

Can I bring my knife?

7. Its not my greatest concern, its just a query :lol:

8. You'll get a packing list. The first of many packing lists if you get in.

9. To clear up, this is a quote from the ITC kit list "Small penknife with a blade no more than three inches (PRI)"

Although there are more pressing issues you need to deal with before worrying about something as insignificant as a knife.

What unit do you intend to join?

10. I'm going for R Anglians (Vikings)

11. Right mate, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. At the expense of receiving a rather large WAH, I am going to say this. That clearly looks to me like a lock knife. That is an offensive weapon Carry it on you all the time, and chances are you will be stopped by the police (yes yes, I'm a bobby) and you wil be arrested, particularly at the moment with knife related murders seemingly ten a penny. You would have a lot of explaining to do, not only in interview, but allso to the RMP, and ultimately your CO

Why do you think the army say you can carry a folding pen knife with a blade less than 3"? Because that is legal - your weapon is not.

Now get yourself away, and concentrate on being a soldier. Not Tarzan. That said, good luck in the mob :D

12. Fcuk me, is Ross Kemp on commission???

Best of luck and all that, but PLEASE find some kind of sense of proportion/priority before a L/Cpl is forced to do it for you.

13. :) ok fella, point taken, guess it stays at home. Thanks for the advice :wink:

14. I decided to join before that series aired 8) also this was just a small question on my mind. I'm fully aware of more important things to come. I was just a thought as I'm waiting a month until selection and don't have a job so every question comes into my head :D

15. Are you Mike Golden?