Basic

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by humphries, Jul 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if you chaps can give me some tips on what kind of things i should take to basic training? Is there anything important i should take (sense of humour - check!)

2. full set of webbing, imitation SA80, body armour. :D
    A list of stuff actually not to take, id take plenty of personal cleaning stuff, plasters and pain killers, and lots of grollies and socks

good luck

3. Dunno what a grolly is, is this northern speak? And should I take an ironing board?

4. open ears and a retracted neck, let some other penarrse draw attention to himself

oh and dont forget to ask for a tour of the indoor grenade range, facinating stuff is that!

5. Forks, grollies r underpants, id not take ironing board, an irons a good idea though.

6. sense of urgency & the ability to keep your beak shut.

7. You mean we don't get issue underpants? :cry:

8. Dont tell me, they still issue them!!!

9. no OR string vests before you ask.

10. you would know though eh knocker and i bet you've got your suitcase :wink:

11. Fuking hell, I've seen once of those things, an OC (an ex-ranker) I once drove took one on exercise, looked like something Mr Delmonte would use.

12. yes thanks :D :D :D :D

13. asan instructor at training reg i would say,

1. Don't bring your attitude
    2. Don't come thinking we owe you something
    3. Don't come and expect to leave straight away if you can't handle being shuted at, it won't happen for at least 4 weeks.
    4. Be a man
    5. Smile at everything.
    6. Do as you are told,
    blah blah blah, the list goes on but most importantly just enjoy it, laugh at everything and bring a sense of humour

14. Except when you've got some hairy arrsed corporal screaming at you what a "fu.cking shagging disgrace you are and to start fu.cking "sparking".......

I think if you chose that momment to start grinning at him you'd end up pokey'd down to the guardroom or bum fu.cked in the abloutions for flirting :D

15. it is legal nowadays :? :? :? :?