basic

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Scotty1985, Jul 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I start phase one training at pirbright on the 7th of November, would I be able to take 2x everything as in the likes of shaving gel, razor, ect and keep them spare for inspection or is this the worst idea in the world??

2. Dunno about the Brits, but when I went though recruit training at CFB Cornwallis back in the mid 70's, the NCOs would go apeshit if they found extra kit hidden away. Twas good for at least 25 or so pushups and something nasty to polish that evening (if they were in a good mood).

3. If I was inspecting you I would throw them out of the window, followed by you.

But then, I've left. Take a chance son, go for it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I did it. But like Mactavish says; Don't get caught........

5. Don't get me wrong, I did basic nearly 17 years ago, but some NCO's wanted clean items in there, other wanted used, to show that you have been washing. I'd say if it can be washed - Shaving foam can, then take one. Razors, get good ones, better for your skina dn you can always a clean blade to stick on for inspections. We used to have that bowl, stick and brush crap in our lockers!

6. I'd not bother, if your DS let you then you'll all need the same stuff for uniformity anyway

7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

we arent so **** regards that sort of thing so as long as the working kit is tidily packed away as RnR kit in your gozome bag you should be fine with it.

its a good idea to have two or three sets of kit anyway, saves on naafi prices

8. Make sure there are no 'suspicious hairs' in your soap dish or you will be down the guardroom for a remedial drill lesson and a good old fashion beasting.

9. Stick with the basics - you wont be the first to have thought about that..... and you wont be the last....don't try to beat the system - and don't try to be a gobby smart ****** either - blend in and be grey so that no ones remembers you - All the smart bastards will be getting extras whilst you quietly mooch on through it. Stick to the middle ground.

10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

do they still have to bull their mess tins and cutlery?

I used to find a lot of bullshit pathetic, it didnt teach you discipline just how to cheat. then again maybe thats why we make better soldiers?

11. The good old days...I remember getting to week 6 and everyone had the bed blocks (dont worry you have duvets now) and lockers all being identical...same coloured soap dish, same colour toothbrush, same kind of shaving gel ect.....everything a mirror image thinking we had beat the sysyem until our Cpl said to us all...ok now count the bristles on your toothbrushes.............the locker monster visited all again.

12. Spunky soap, now you're going to get beasted.

13. Sleeping under a counterpein wearing your Reggy tracksuit so you didnt have to undo your bedblock to make your bed, didnt really matter, you were still ironing at 2am and getting up at 5am.

14. Thank Christ bedblocks had gone the way of the Dodo in the CF (other than in the Crowbar Hotel) when I joined. Hospital corners and taunt enough to bounce a 25 cent piece a foot high sufficed for us.

15. your right mate should stick to the rules n all that shit, ad imagine al be the old man of the group so should lead by example, also the word beasted wtf are they going to try n kick **** outta me??