basic training

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by tomhead69, Jan 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what happens if you fail inspecsion stupid question but i am joining the army next year and on badlads army they go nuts!

2. o and i want to be in a tank crew do i have to do basic training

3. Of course not, tankies don't do that kind of thing.

Aren't you glad you decided not to become a sniper after all?

4. No you don't. To be a tankie you have to have driven a tank in civvy street. If you've driven a tractor or a bulldozer then you only need to convert to driving a challenger, though if you can prove you drove a bulldozer with a piece of drainpipe sticking out to the front to mimic a 120mm gun then you will be okay.

5. Basic training is largely optional these days. You can do what I did and ask to be put straight onto Advanced Training (saves time and there are no inspecsions).

Good Luck!

6. so if you want to be a tank gunner you dont have do any basic training just learn to drive a tank

7. are you for real??

8. Sadly I suspect he is!

9. Have you ever experienced "culture shock"?

Litotes

10. It's a windup. Nobody is THAT thick. Either that or he's a journo trying to see how we'll react.

11. lol...lmfao... matty they are joking you into next year... Ya got to love these guys tho... nice laugh over a cup of hot tea...lol... matty dear EVERYONE EVEN THE PRINCE HAVE TO DO BASIC TRAINING...

12. Tom don't listen to the nasty people.
    You are correct in what you say. At the Tank Training School in Bradford is where it all happens.
    Contact you nearest Army Careers Office and ask for the Tank Crew Loader Training CD so you will have a head start on your fellow recruits, this will enable you to get promoted in the first two weeks of your training and if you have sucessfully learned how to drive the tank/bulldozer you will be put in command of the tank which means you have a license to fire the gun in any town.
    Good luck.